What's the most surprising thing you've seen at Disney

mergatroid

Original Poster
In 2012, we were waiting in line to get on the boat back to our resort from MK after a LONG day (I'm talking end of EMH in the height of summer so maybe 1am), so obviously the line was long and crowded. Suddenly, a family of 6 starts pushing their way to the front, passing about 4 or 5 families in the process before finally stopping in front of us (we couldn't stop them as they were being fairly forceful). Immediately there's an uproar and people are shouting at them that it's not fair and to wait in line like everyone else (CMs hear and do nothing, btw). They then begin shouting BACK saying 'We've had a long day too!' trying to justify it!! Then, the cherry on top of the cake, my dad makes a disgruntled comment to the rest of my family (nothing in any way rude or about the family in front, just complaining about being tired) and one of the women in the family who had pushed in front turned to her friend immediately and pointedly said, very loudly, 'you know, it's funny how EUROPEAN people always think they can have an opinion' (We're English). I'm sorry, what??

I'm sorry, they would have ended up swimming back to the resort if I'd been there!!! :mad:

mouskateer carrie

That was pretty strange. But my favorite was when we were in line for Kilamanjaro Safaris. You know how the CM's pretend it's a 2 week tour? Well, most people smile at the joke and move along. But this guy started FREAKING OUT. "2 week tour? I need to go to work in 3 days! 2 weeks... My wife told me to take a vacation, but I didn't know this was a two week tour!" And so on. The CM tried to explain it was just a joke, but he kept freaking out. That was the highlight to my visit!

My mom did something like that on the original Alien Encounter. The spotlight "chose her" as the person to be transported (which actually meant nothing, like the Rebel Spy in Star Tours) but she FREAKED OUT. If that harness wasn't on, she would have bolted. The worst part was that she had been on it before and knew nothing was going to happen! Oh mom...

Was in the Living Seas at the Manatee area just as the Manatees decided to get "frisky"

Of course they cleared the room and drew the curtains, but it was funny to watch other people come in and then realize what was going on for those few seconds.....
A few years ago I was at the Living Seas. My nieces and I just approached the Manatee area when one of them slowly floated down to the bottom, belly up, and land on the bottom.. not moving. My eyes went wide and I sent my nieces away. A guy walked up beside me and said the manatee had been doing that all week

Wildflower

It was definitely during a parade, pretty sure it was Boo to You. We were right by Casey's watching the parade as the three hyenas from The Lion King go by. One of the hyenas walks over to a crowd control CM (or could have been a manager-type, don't remember). The hyena and the CM obviously exchanged some type of words or signal, because just then, the CM fetches one of the other hyenas right out of the middle of the parade and whisks them backstage somewhere over by First Aid. I have no clue what happened there. Impostor hyena? If the hyena was sick or hurt, why didn't they walk over to the CM themselves? It was weird.
10/17/13?? I think we saw the same thing you did. was REALLY weird and they were in one heck of a hurry too. (we were walking from adventureland toward Casey's and saw them heading towards the First Aid area)

Wildflower

It can happen anywhere, even where you live. I didn't mean to sound as if I see this happening with every lady who breastfeeds. Not at all. I'd be willing to bet it is only less than a percent of women who breast feed do this. I did notice it happening more after that magazine (TIME, People, ????) came out with that near 5 year old still breastfeeding while standing up. It was as if breastfeeding mothers felt the need to "unite against their oppressors" or something. LOL
Speaking of....several years ago we were on the monorail back to the resort at night and were casually chatting with the people across from us. Their kids seemed tired but were talking/playing when suddenly the younger daughter (who was at least 5, could speak quite clearly and so on) reaches up, unclasps one side her mom's overalls, pushes the undershirt up and starts nursing. I'm all good with nursing (I've done it for two kids), even in public if needs must...but this was a bit of a shock.

WDW74

Speaking of....several years ago we were on the monorail back to the resort at night and were casually chatting with the people across from us. Their kids seemed tired but were talking/playing when suddenly the younger daughter (who was at least 5, could speak quite clearly and so on) reaches up, unclasps one side her mom's overalls, pushes the undershirt up and starts nursing. I'm all good with nursing (I've done it for two kids), even in public if needs must...but this was a bit of a shock.

If snacking were just so easy for the rest of us...

Chef idea Mickey`=

Sitting on the monorail at a given moment there were the parents sitting with they're
arms crossed looking as if their trip was over nothing special to be excited about,
meanwhile, a little girl tiny age was glowing and smiling, giggle as if The World was the Most Beautiful Place
A Disney Moment the parent's could of taken as a special signature moment of their daughter, My mom
spoke up to her as she was smiling so giggling like a little Angel focusing at us. My mom complemented you are the Princess going to the castle it made her smile, glow, in the distance Cinderella Castle appeared as she looked from
the distance with the sunset, I don't know if they were leaving obviously yes going the direction of the TTC
but for the precious little didn't matter where she was at the time, she was a Walt Disney World girl and so Happy. She knew where she was even if not in the park she points at another monorail parked with sweet joy.
She even waved when we left and she departed in the monorail from her tiny window, this led to such something that touched us deeply that it didn't matter the parks, that she made the magic of Disney something so that we received that if we were the parent's we would of embraced & wanted..**:inlove: This I will never forget truly
Disney Magic in the Natural*. Perhaps all this little one was looking was for some loving attention that's all.

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

10/17/13?? I think we saw the same thing you did. was REALLY weird and they were in one heck of a hurry too. (we were walking from adventureland toward Casey's and saw them heading towards the First Aid area)
This was back in either 2010 or 2011; those were the last times we were at MNSSHP. It definitely seems like we saw the same thing, though! Weird.

Blackburn23

Standing on the bridge between France and the UK with my arms wrapped aroumd my wife enjoying a beautiful Florida evening waiting for illuminations to begin. Beautiful perfect moment.... Then a lady stumbles into us, bounces off, bends over the rail, and hurls what seemed to be about 8 gallons of nasty into the lagoon...... Fantastic.... We moved

rob0519

A quality and unique souvenir that was worth what you paid for it. Unfortunately, the last one I saw was well over 10 years ago.

KaraJoy73

Back at the first of March I was sitting in front of Friar's Nook/Storybook Treats waiting for my group to get back from riding 7DMT. A guy and his son, about 14/15 was walking by. The son had an ice cream cone and just as they passed in front of me, a gull swooped down and knocked the cone out of the kid's hand. A couple of its buddies joined him as he started to enjoy his treat. The father and son couldn't believe what just happened. There wasn't much they could do, so they just went on their way. Needless to say, I kept a look out for birds after that.

On our last day of that same trip, my dad and youngest sister (she's 31) yelled at each other in front of Cinderella's castle. Dad had injured his foot earlier and was ready to go. We were waiting for my sister's husband and 6 year old son so we could take a family photo in front of the castle with Walt & Mickey. We didn't know it but my BIL had left his phone with us so he couldn't let us know where they were. They had been gone a while and after repeatedly trying to call him, my sister was concerned. However, dad waiting is not usually a good thing. Dad tired and waiting is not a good thing. Dad tired, waiting AND injured… well, needless to say we did not get our family photo in front of Cinderella's castle with Walt and Mickey.

After that, my other sister went over to Fantasyland to pick up a last minute souvenir for our nephew while my brother and I headed to the Emporium. She met up with us there. On her way to Fantasyland she got pooped on. It hit the top of her head down her face and all over her front. She didn't realize how bad it was until she found us. It was our last day at Disney, she was exhausted, our family had a meltdown and now she got pooped on and wore it while shopping and buying her last souvenir and walking back to Main Street to find us. It's funny now, but then I felt so bad for her.

Jim Chandler

It was definitely during a parade, pretty sure it was Boo to You. We were right by Casey's watching the parade as the three hyenas from The Lion King go by. One of the hyenas walks over to a crowd control CM (or could have been a manager-type, don't remember). The hyena and the CM obviously exchanged some type of words or signal, because just then, the CM fetches one of the other hyenas right out of the middle of the parade and whisks them backstage somewhere over by First Aid. I have no clue what happened there. Impostor hyena? If the hyena was sick or hurt, why didn't they walk over to the CM themselves? It was weird.

CHARACTERS can not break out of the parade or character for any reason. They have people on the side lines specifically so that if such things happen they can pull ill characters out and on to first aid. I knew a guy who was a character (Tweedle Dee) and he told me one time the AC went out when Mickey was in the globe at the top of the float. They nearly lost that Mickey. After that happened that installed a switch and/or signals so Mickey could tell others when something was wrong. Last thing you need is a dead looking mouse at the top of a float coming down Main Street

Cosmic Commando

CHARACTERS can not break out of the parade or character for any reason. They have people on the side lines specifically so that if such things happen they can pull ill characters out and on to first aid. I knew a guy who was a character (Tweedle Dee) and he told me one time the AC went out when Mickey was in the globe at the top of the float. They nearly lost that Mickey. After that happened that installed a switch and/or signals so Mickey could tell others when something was wrong. Last thing you need is a dead looking mouse at the top of a float coming down Main Street
I assumed it was something like this. The only strange thing that I can't explain is that the "ill" hyena was not the one who alerted the crowd control CM. If it was, I probably wouldn't even have remembered it. It was strange (to me, at least) that there was a third party involved.

Phineas

A housekeeper looking into my room while I was sleeping at riverside! :(
We once forgot something in our room one morning, and went back up and found our maid sitting on one of the beds with the TV on, entranced by one of her telenovelas-like leaning forward, waiting for Eduardo to confess everything to Maria once and for all-and then she saw us, jumped to her feet, turned the TV off, apologizing frantically in Spanish.

We told her it was alright, we weren't going to tell anyone anything, and she thanked us over and over again.

Not as creepy as your story though, for sure.

RegDunlop73

In preparation for our recent & FIRST! trip, April 18 - 27, my wife and I did much research on these forums, other web sites and particularly a series of youtube videos made by a young married couple whose personalities are not all that different from ours. Anyway, on Sunday the 19th we were walking through the Magic Kingdom and there they were! - the guy wears a very identifiable backpack. They were very nice to us for the brief time of theirs that we took up which was about one minute. It was great to meet them in person and get the chance to thank them.

I find it very interesting that we now live in a world where we can be educated by total strangers on a specific topic. We live in Vancouver, Canada, so most people here have only been down to Disneyland in Anaheim.

Our trip couldn't have been smoother. A big thanks also to all of you, the members here whose posts helped my wife and I have such a wonderful honeymooon!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom