Beach club refurb

buzz_leedsyear

Original Poster
We're very close to booking our 2016 holiday but - I've read on several sites about an extensive 20 month refurb of the BC and YC. Does anyone of a time line for this refurb? Will they be closing the pool, market place etc during this? We saw the refurb that was happening at the Polynesian last year and if we'd have paid for it we would have been upset!
Hope some one can shed some light on this as its a lot to pay coming from the UK!!
Thanks in advance

LAM378

Parts of the pool have been worked on already and that seems to be over with. Nothing has been announced about work on the marketplace or lobbies.

The BC rooms started their refurb in the fall (from the top down). 5th and 4th floors are done and they're working on the 3rd now. When the BC rooms are done they'll start YC from the top down. Work on the villas is supposed to start soon.

I've read all I can about this refurb and it seems to be non-intrusive to guests. WDW warns that construction noise might be heard during the day but I haven't seen anyone complain that they've heard it. There are no cranes or parts of the resort blocked off; it's nothing like the scope of the work at the Poly. I'll give you a firsthand experience when I'm at BC next week, but I'm not too worried! :)

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Parts of the pool have been worked on already and that seems to be over with. Nothing has been announced about work on the marketplace or lobbies.

The BC rooms started their refurb in the fall (from the top down). 5th and 4th floors are done and they're working on the 3rd now. When the BC rooms are done they'll start YC from the top down. Work on the villas is supposed to start soon.

I've read all I can about this refurb and it seems to be non-intrusive to guests. WDW warns that construction noise might be heard during the day but I haven't seen anyone complain that they've heard it. There are no cranes or parts of the resort blocked off; it's nothing like the scope of the work at the Poly. I'll give you a firsthand experience when I'm at BC next week, but I'm not too worried! :)
Would love an update about the impact of the work - we are booked for end of May and have been a little worried about it. They told us the pool would be complete by then, which was our main concern. I'm not worried about a little noise during the day. Hopefully it's not a big deal!

Minthorne

I'm staying at the beach club villas early June and had hopped for a renovated studio but it seems less likely now. The letter I got only mentioned construction noise - no closures.

DisDadWoz

We stayed on the 4th floor in March. Sorry no pics:( You can hear some of the noise if you are back in your room during the middle of the day but it wasn't too bad. Lots of workers walking around. All in all not intrusive at all.

dolce20

Just got home from an awesome stay at the YC. I know they are technically due for a room refurb but I must say, our room was totally pristine from top to bottom. No complaints whatsoever (and I'm a decorator)! Nice quiet room overlooking the tennis court. Loved how quiet the YC was compared to the BC (even though BC is gorgeous).

sgtmgd

Refurb Schedule

Guest Room renovations 10/13/2014- 8/22/2015. The Villas will be renovated 5/31/2015-12/16/2015.

LAM378

Here now in two gorgeous rehabbed BC rooms. We're on the 4th floor above the Cape May Cafe and construction is being done on the 3rd floor rooms underneath us. We've heard machine noise a few times for short periods but otherwise nothing intrusive at all. You've got to be looking hard for the crews and equipment to notice them. No work is being done on the common areas right now, and everything is pristine. I wouldn't worry too much about this rehab if you're staying here soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom