Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Arthur Wellesley

A few pics from yesterday (Monday: 5/4/15).

Dad & myself took a day hike up to Cumberland Falls in southern Kentucky to celebrate his retirement. This is a beautiful waterfall (referred to as the "Niagara Of The South"), and is the 2nd-widest waterfall east of the Mississippi River.

There are miles of hiking trails around the falls, observation platforms, and other walkways.

Our goal on any given hiking adventure is to capture as much wildlife on camera as possible. The Cumberland Falls area sits inside Daniel Boone National Forest, and is home to black bear, deer, fox, coyote, raccoon, the list goes on and on. We saw...none of the above.
But I did come across this interesting-looking insect which was walking along one of the railings to an observation deck. (He/she must've been wanting a good view of the falls as well).

After looking it up online, it turns out this cool fellow is called an Eastern-Eyed Click Beetle. You can read more about these nifty critters here:
http://www.insectidentification.org/insect-description.asp?identification=Eastern-Eyed-Click-Beetle

acishere

Dad & myself took a day hike up to Cumberland Falls in southern Kentucky to celebrate his retirement. This is a beautiful waterfall (referred to as the "Niagara Of The South"), and is the 2nd-widest waterfall east of the Mississippi River.

There are miles of hiking trails around the falls, observation platforms, and other walkways.

Our goal on any given hiking adventure is to capture as much wildlife on camera as possible. The Cumberland Falls area sits inside Daniel Boone National Forest, and is home to black bear, deer, fox, coyote, raccoon, the list goes on and on. We saw...none of the above.
But I did come across this interesting-looking insect which was walking along one of the railings to an observation deck. (He/she must've been wanting a good view of the falls as well).

After looking it up online, it turns out this cool fellow is called an Eastern-Eyed Click Beetle. You can read more about these nifty critters here:
http://www.insectidentification.org/insect-description.asp?identification=Eastern-Eyed-Click-Beetle
Looks like a perfect place to get away from it all. How many other people do you come across while hiking around there?

Arthur Wellesley

Looks like a perfect place to get away from it all. How many other people do you come across while hiking around there?
It wasn't really that crowded. There were some people around the main area where the gift shop & overlook platforms are. But once you head into the woods it really feels like you own the place. The roar of the waterfall can be heard from every corner of the park. There is also a big lodge where people stay overnight, and it's parking lot looked pretty full when we drove by last night.

acishere

It wasn't really that crowded. There were some people around the main area where the gift shop & overlook platforms are. But once you head into the woods it really feels like you own the place. The roar of the waterfall can be heard from every corner of the park. There is also a big lodge where people stay overnight, and it's parking lot looked pretty full when we drove by last night.
I'll have to add it my list of possible woodsy getaways!

PUSH

Original Poster

Where in DisneyParks is this? It looks so real!

Arthur Wellesley

I'll have to add it my list of possible woodsy getaways!
You would love it. Very nice park with an away-from-it-all feel to it.
Where in DisneyParks is this? It looks so real!
It's the Front side Of Water, of course. Distant relative to Backside Of Water on Jungle Cruise. Named after Henry H. Falls.

So here is a quick video I threw together from yesterday with different views of the falls...showing the sheer force & sound of the water:
That's a lot of water

trr1

I just want to say to those who are uneducated
be sure brain is in gear before mouth is engaged
3115665b782d799e22eb233767083d09.jpg

just think if couples decided not to have children to end the bloodline of mental disorders
who would be missed

Famous people with mental illness
Abraham Lincoln
The revered sixteenth President of the United States suffered from severe and incapacitating depressions that occasionally led to thoughts of suicide,
Vincent Van Gogh
The celebrated artist's bipolar disorder is discussed in The Key to Genius
Tennessee Williams
The playwright gave a personal account of his struggle with clinical depression in his own Memoirs
Isaac Newton
The scientist's mental illness is discussed in The Dynamics of Creation
Ernest Hemingway
The Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist's suicidal depression is examined in the True Gen: An Intimate Portrait of Ernest Hemingway by Those Who Knew Him by Denis Brian.
Michelangelo
The mental illness of one of the world's greatest artistic geniuses is discussed in The Dynamics of Creation by Anthony Storr.
Patty Duke
The Academy Award-winning actress told of her bipolar disorder in her autobiography and made-for-TV move Call Me Anna

I am now stepping down from my soapbox

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

just think if couples decided not to have children to end the bloodline of mental disorders
who would be missed

Abraham Lincoln
The revered sixteenth President of the United States suffered from severe and incapacitating depressions that occasionally led to thoughts of suicide,
Vincent Van Gogh
Tennessee Williams
The playwright gave a personal account of his struggle with clinical depression in his own Memoirs
Isaac Newton
Ernest Hemingway
The Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist's suicidal depression is examined in the True Gen: An Intimate Portrait of Ernest Hemingway by Those Who Knew Him by Denis Brian.
Michelangelo
The mental illness of one of the world's greatest artistic geniuses is discussed in The Dynamics of Creation by Anthony Storr.
Patty Duke
The Academy Award-winning actress told of her bipolar disorder in her autobiography and made-for-TV move Call Me Anna

Thank you.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

who would be missed

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent Van Gogh
Tennessee Williams
Isaac Newton
Ernest Hemingway
Michelangelo
Patty Duke

It's just a shame that those who need to read this the most will not do so and if they did they would not recognize themselves as needing to read it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom