HS / SWW dining advice

basmal8

Original Poster
We'll be at HS for the first weekend of SWW. From what I am gathering, the QS options at HS aren't that great. Can you please give me some advice on what to avoid or where you suggest to eat while there? I am anticipating very large crowds since it is the first SWW. And, we are even considering going to HS a second day of our trip. **Husband & son are VERY much looking forward to SWW. But, we may need to eat 3 or 4 QS meals there.... what do you suggest? Our group includes all ages and we do have the regular dining plan.

TIA.

ratherbeinwdw

There are plenty of places for three or four meals there. We actually like Backlot Express. It's one of the few QS's in Disney with free drink refills and this weekend will be very hot so that will come in handy. We used to hate ABC Commissary, but it was pretty good last year. Starring Rolls has some really good and filling sandwiches and great deserts. There is a little place in the food court across from Beauty and the Beast that has pretty good barbeque.

We will be there the first weekend also. I went ahead and made two ressies for Sci Fi. One for dinner and one for the Star Wars Character Breakfast. I made the dinner one in case it's really crowded.

We've gone several years the first day, and the crowds weren't bad at all, but that Saturday and Sunday, it was a madhouse. We always plan at least two days because the motorcade can easily be rained out. We went the first weekend and the last weekend last year. The only problem with the last weekend is that most of the merch. was gone.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
We just do cs on our SWW days. ABC isn't bad if you like salads. It's usually not too packed and that way we have more time for the activities! That's one day my stomach takes a back seat to everything else!!!!!!!!!! There's just too much else to see and do!

basmal8

Original Poster
Glad to hear of other Star Wars fans that 'manage' the food choices. We will be eating quite well on the other days of the trip so I'm not concerned about having the best meal or anything, just appreciate the advice of those that have gone before. We are doing the Jedi Mickey dinner at H&V one of the days - but no other TS.

New question: can you take food with you in line for attractions (indoor or outdoor matter?).

Figgy1

Premium Member
Glad to hear of other Star Wars fans that 'manage' the food choices. We will be eating quite well on the other days of the trip so I'm not concerned about having the best meal or anything, just appreciate the advice of those that have gone before. We are doing the Jedi Mickey dinner at H&V one of the days - but no other TS.

New question: can you take food with you in line for attractions (indoor or outdoor matter?).
Never had a problem with an outside line, never tried it in an an inside one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom