The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh dear.

My Grandpa was named Albert M***. He passed away while my mom was expecting Bro #3.
My mom named him James Albert M*** S.
Jamie named his son Dylan Albert M*** S.
Dylan has already committed to naming his son Whatever Albert M*** S.

Some things continue for a good reason. :)

P.S. The only reason Jamie does not have Albert as his FIRST name is because my parents were new Christians at the time he was born, and they felt compelled to name their sons after Apostles. Hence my brothers, Mark and James. :joyfull:

Yeah, I've heard those tribute names continuing on. The Middle names are fine. I wasn't into saddling a kid with a difficult name to grow up in current times. My BIL really disliked the name and wasn't going to do that to his kid, they gave his son the name Brian and Brian has repeated thanked them for not naming him Albert. If I was Dylan, well he could change his name from Dylan, a pretty cool name to Albert, that would be a better tribute to Grandpa Albert vs a kid who never met Grandpa. Just my take on naming of kids. :)

Eric1955

I just can't get Charlotte's Web out of my thoughts. Better than living a life of being Compared to Princess Diana. I was a big fan of Diana and her woes being in that family, no easy measure but a newborn should not have to carry such, so an addition name just a nice touch, though I wish the Diana came before Queen Elizabeth, that old broad caused enough pain through her family manipulation that she continues to inflict. When she leaves her powers behind that family might finally settle back down.

I think Kate takes it in a different direction than Diana did. Diana always tried to please and conform. Kate and her hubby seem to be aware of the the pressures that Diana had between the twit of husband Elizabeth raised and Elizabeth's interference in their marriage. Kate and hubby seem to ignore Elizabeth and God Bless them for that.

:( That is completely contrary to the way I see Queen Elizabeth. I like you and I don't want to get into a debate over this so I'll just say I couldn't disagree more and leave it at that.

Oh, but I do agree about Charles being a twit.

betty rose

Well, as we all know I go to bed early, we are setting the alarm at around 4:30 AM to get ready for the next Disney trip...I still stay in bed, reading until 6 , how on earth am I going to make rope drop? With that , I have to eat a quick dinner and knock my self out for sleep. o_O whack! good night everyone, I know I'm going to wake up with a big headache.:D
Stop it.... you're singlehandedly destroying my reputation. :grumpy:
You are like an M and M hard on the outside, soft on the inside. My favorite candy growing up, I knew I liked you.;)

betty rose

Nope, sorry. Didn't mean it that way.

What I meant is that sometimes the head chef is working, sometimes the sous chef. Sometimes the kitchen is slammed and your food gets rushed. Sometimes your server is slammed and your food sits for a few minutes longer than it should. And sometimes, you order chicken parm, but then see your partner's tenderloin, and think, "Man, I should have ordered the tenderloin" ... and now all of a sudden, your chicken parm is just meh.

There are a myriad of reasons, day to day, hour to hour, why some folks will sing a restaurant's praises and others will barely give it a passing grade.
Nice thoughtful insights.

betty rose

I guess I was lucky to be fashion unconscious. I have always worn what I wanted, when I felt like wearing it and always considered that if someone found that funny, rube like or out of date... well, that really was their problem. I was fine. It's sort of the same as how little I care that I have gone bald. Unless I'm near a mirror I cannot see it. Once again... their problem, not mine.

The word f anny isn't even any form of description. Backpacks are closer to being f anny packs then they are. I usually wear it to one side or in front and can easily move it around when getting in and out of a ride. I don't have to take it off every few minutes to get something out of it, or to give me room to sit down, etc. It's a no brainer, as far as I'm concerned. It also helps to discipline yourself as to exactly what you need to carry into the park. There is limited room, so you just take what is necessary. It's right there, you don't have to worry about pickpockets cause it is right there in front of you and access is easy for you, not for others. So, create more work for yourselves so that you can be a sweaty fashion maven, I will stick with what I find comfortable and practical.
I ditto what you just said. No clothes horse here, and I always go for comfort, and ease of upkeep, no to dry cleaner's. Besides, at our age...who is going to pay any attention anyway. Of course I'm speaking for myself, with all the women chasing you, it must be hard.:D

Goofyernmost

I ditto what you just said. No clothes horse here, and I always go for comfort, and ease of upkeep, no to dry cleaner's. Besides, at our age...who is going to pay any attention anyway. Of course I'm speaking for myself, with all the women chasing you, it must be hard.:D
It is a burden, but, alas, my plight in life.:in pain: It's a dirty job, but, someone has to do it.:arghh::joyfull:

Cesar R M

True, but just think of the perks that go along with all that: free room and board (and not in a flophouse--we're talking castles here . . .), and delicious food cooked for you, and brought to your table by the castle servants. You'll never have to wash the dishes. And, you'll also get to wear all kinds of nice clothes. I can't imagine that the new princess will ever have to agonize over paying a car loan, paying rent, or worrying about the increase in the cost of the electric bill, etc. All in all, I think she'll come out ahead, no matter how you slice it. Just sayin . . . ;)
in the other hand, they will have to give up all sense of privacy.
Having ridiculously high expectations and being criticized for doing anything and even for doing nothing.
being forced to do things "for queen and country" and do things the "royal" way. (aka have no real personal life)

Cesar R M

My Dad loved to take photos. Us growing up, then my kids. Took him forever to snap a photo to as he fiddled. Likely why my kids and I use an iPhone for photo's or a little digital camera.
well.. back then.. you had very limited shots (when using film rolls. they usually had only 24 shots per roll)
now, you have almost unlimited.
That might be the cause of people taking forever to snap a photo (waiting for the perfect moment)

which is very interesting.. because most DSLRs now have insane burst rates (like up to 7photos per second, for 30 seconds)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Although I will admit that there is a weird, almost over the top fascination with the "Royal Family", she will be a passing fad until she is old enough to create scandal. She is so far down the food chain in the royalty chain, that if she decides to live a quiet life she will disappear from sight and from concern of the general public.

Perhaps when Queen E is around 170 years old she will decide to turn over the reign, all eligible in the line of descendents will be dead except little Charlotte, then we will see her again.
Aren't you just Mary Sunshine this morning? :joyfull:

Here's what I got from that post - Long live the Queen.

Goofyernmost

Aren't you just Mary Sunshine this morning? :joyfull:

Here's what I got from that post - Long live the Queen.
That won't be necessary, they will prop her up on the throne, adorn her with the crown jewels and no one will know that it's not much more then a cardboard cutout. It's more like... Long live the monarchy obsession! I don't really blame her though. I think she is waiting for Chucky boy to die off so she won't have to let him be the King.

betty rose

That won't be necessary, they will prop her up on the throne, adorn her with the crown jewels and no one will know that it's not much more then a cardboard cutout. It's more like... Long live the monarchy obsession! I don't really blame her though. I think she is waiting for Chucky boy to die off so she won't have to let him be the King.
Just let Disney make her into an animatronic character , and she can live forever. Wait, she looks like that most of the time.;)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yeah, I've heard those tribute names continuing on. The Middle names are fine. I wasn't into saddling a kid with a difficult name to grow up in current times. My BIL really disliked the name and wasn't going to do that to his kid, they gave his son the name Brian and Brian has repeated thanked them for not naming him Albert. If I was Dylan, well he could change his name from Dylan, a pretty cool name to Albert, that would be a better tribute to Grandpa Albert vs a kid who never met Grandpa. Just my take on naming of kids. :)
I am very careful not to make fun of names, be they current or old fashioned, because of what happened to me.

Very early in my first pregancy, before we had shared the news that I was expecting, we were at a family barbeque on Hubby's side.
Conversation turned to our having kids and what we would/should name them.
I mentioned that I liked the name "Spenser".
My 6' 4" muscle-bound cop BIL piped up - That's a f** name. Why wouldn't you just tattoo "Kick Me" to his back permanently.

I was devastated! :(
You see, I was just 8 weeks along, excited beyond belief, and in the privacy of our home, snuggled in bed, Hubby and I had agreed to name the baby Spenser, if it were a boy.

I guarantee you that there are some people here on this forum that love the name "Albert", and may in fact, have named one of their offspring such. Tribute name or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom