Change of plans, first day ideas..

Marianm

We had originally booked a room for February, but a few days ago I changed our plans and we booked a trip from October 20-27(Tuesday-tuesday). We are staying at the Contemporary, will probably be arriving mid afternoon, and the MK closes at 7pm that day for MNSSHP. I am traveling with a 4yo, 2yo, husband, and three other family members. Looking for restaurant and first day ideas? Reservations for that week seem to be booking fast!

Family B

We rarely go into the parks on our first day. We like to pick a monorail resort for dinner and then find a place outside of the parks to watch the fireworks. Because that is a Halloween Party night the fireworks are extra cool. Grand Floridan Cafe is a favorite but we also had a great meal at The Wave, last trip. You might still be able to snag an 'Ohana and if you can get a table at the window you can see the fireworks while dining.

Upvote 0

iluvMainStMagic

We usually head over to DTD for dinner on the day we arrive. My personal favorite is Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace section. It's casual, no reservations needed, & good food with good variety. The only downside (for me) is that the line to get in can get long-ish during the most popular dining times.
But we also love many of the monorail resort restaurants, too.

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

Since you're staying at the CR, I would see if there is any availability at Chef Mickey's for dinner... Especially if your little ones want to see the characters. I find that we enjoy CM more at the start of a trip - more excitement. Then you can find a spot on the bridge to watch the fireworks or take the monorail to EP, if dinner is early.

Upvote 0

littleroo

How about Garden Grill in Epcot and then Illuminations! Garden Grill is traditionally our first meal so the kids see Mickey right away and the food is great!

Upvote 0

Tinkerkelle

We are staying at the Contemporary, will probably be arriving mid afternoon, and the MK closes at 7pm that day.

We are doing almost the same but 2 weeks earlier!! Will arrive mid afternoon at CR on a MNSSHP night, but our body clocks will be on UK time (5 hours ahead) so we're just going to check in, head to Capt Cook's at the Poly (were just going to do Contempo Cafe but two boys like Cook's better) for a quick and early dinner then to the pool at CR before an 'early' bed. Have a fab holiday.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We just booked the Pirate & Pals fireworks voyage, and you meet up at the Contemporary. Might be something interesting for you to check out since you're staying there, and since it's a Halloween firework night! It's pricey, but it seems like (from the reviews I've read) to be a pretty cool experience. As far as restaurants go for the first night, I love Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, Cali Grill & Chef Mickey's!

Upvote 0

Marianm

Original Poster
We just booked the Pirate & Pals fireworks voyage, and you meet up at the Contemporary. Might be something interesting for you to check out since you're staying there, and since it's a Halloween firework night! It's pricey, but it seems like (from the reviews I've read) to be a pretty cool experience. As far as restaurants go for the first night, I love Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, Cali Grill & Chef Mickey's!

Good idea about the pirate &pals! Planning on looking into that anyways. Might be a good first night plan, if available!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Our go to for day of arrival is DTD. A stroll through World of Disney to see what they have so we can judge what we might want to pick up in the parks vs at WoD on our last day. Cell phone cameras make souvenir shopping much easier.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

Look into California Grill right up on top of the hotel. They have a balcony that you can go out on and watch the fireworks. There is a sound track that goes along with the fireworks that they play on speakers with the sound synchronized to the light show. I have been told that if you do not have a reservation at the time of the fireworks you can come back from your Pryor reservation to watch. Here is a picture of the view.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 0

JillC LI

If you had older kids I'd suggest visiting a park with late Extra Magic Hours, but given that your children will likely be tired after their travels, I would limit yourself to maybe walking around Downtown Disney and getting dinner somewhere fun, then heading to bed early so you can arrive at your park of choice before rope drop that next morning.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom