When Can I look at January 2016 Availability Online?

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Some background: One of the girls is a single pre-k teacher with school loans, thus her budget consciousness. It's not just because she's cheap. She just honestly has no money. She's going to try to pick up a job this summer to help. The other budget conscious girl is married with a kid and her husband has school loans they're trying to pay on, all while she's staying home with the baby. All that to say, these aren't "cheap" people, they just don't have any money! We're going to make it work though :) The more babies they pop out, the less chance of us ever having a girls trip!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Are you dead set on staying on property? The easiest way to work in that friend might be from VRBO or something like that.
Most of us would prefer to. Me and another girl are doing the planning, so we might just lie to them about the cost and pay for a larger portion ourselves. But they have until January to save, so SURELY they can do it. We've gotten estimates that really aren't bad. Maybe like $700ish per person with tickets. (just 4 days)

CaptainAmerica

Some background: One of the girls is a single pre-k teacher with school loans, thus her budget consciousness. It's not just because she's cheap. She just honestly has no money. She's going to try to pick up a job this summer to help. The other budget conscious girl is married with a kid and her husband has school loans they're trying to pay on, all while she's staying home with the baby. All that to say, these aren't "cheap" people, they just don't have any money! We're going to make it work though :) The more babies they pop out, the less chance of us ever having a girls trip!
Been there. My wife and I were going like gangbusters to get my loans paid before the baby came. Luckily we were able to "beat it" and didn't have any overlap with the loans and the little one. It's amazing how rich you feel when you're not sending every dime you make to Sallie Mae. Good luck to them!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Been there. My wife and I were going like gangbusters to get my loans paid before the baby came. Luckily we were able to "beat it" and didn't have any overlap with the loans and the little one. It's amazing how rich you feel when you're not sending every dime you make to Sallie Mae. Good luck to them!
She said they're on track to get them paid off by June of next year! Which is pretty good considering we still have about 6 years on my husband's loans :banghead: She's worried a vacation might derail it, but what's one more month of payments in exchange for a girls trip?! haha I'm the selfish one if you couldn't tell :D

Crossing fingers and toes that it works out

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
But to quote Heathcliff Huxtable:
"you haven't EATEN yet!" ;)
haha yes, but I can assure you their budget doesn't make a dang difference to me regarding food. They can eat crackers in the room, I'll be dining out. That isn't factoring in travel either, but if we all ride together, that'll be like $40.

me_stitch

Premium Member
Sorry but the answers you've gotten so far are incorrect. Yes, they'll be released online this summer, but you can call and get rates and even book right now. You won't be able to reserve a package and there won't be any discounts but you can absolutely get room only rack rate information.
I've never stayed off-site but I'm curious how much money you would actually save when you have to pay for a rental car and parking every day and stuff like that. Seems like it would be a wash to just stay at a value resort. Just curious.
OP7vpgA.jpg

ETA: If you're traveling with a "SUPER budget conscious" (I read that as "cheap") friend, you'll almost certainly be better off splitting up your party and/or staying off site.

CaptainAmerica

@me_stitch it depends. It sounds like the OP would be driving so no rental car but she would have to pay for parking. Remember that five adults wouldn't even fit in one value room, and I'm not sure you'd want to try it even if they did. With five unrelated adults, I'd want at least a cabin or a DAAR suite so that's what I was using as my comparison point.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
@me_stitch it depends. It sounds like the OP would be driving so no rental car but she would have to pay for parking. Remember that five adults wouldn't even fit in one value room, and I'm not sure you'd want to try it even if they did. With five unrelated adults, I'd want at least a cabin or a DAAR suite so that's what I was using as my comparison point.

You're right, we'll have a car. And a cabin is what we're leaning toward. I think there are a couple of moderate rooms we could squeeze into as well. We all lived together in college, so we're no stranger to living in close quarters. We gave ourselves till July to decide so that those of us who want to eat at restaurants can make our ADRs in time.

CaptainAmerica

You're right, we'll have a car. And a cabin is what we're leaning toward. I think there are a couple of moderate rooms we could squeeze into as well. We all lived together in college, so we're no stranger to living in close quarters. We gave ourselves till July to decide so that those of us who want to eat at restaurants can make our ADRs in time.
Keep us posted!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom