Make your mind up already!

Tink28

Original Poster
So I booked my trip last July and now have 28 days left before making my ADRs and I am still trying to decide what restaurants to book, honestly I have had 9 months to make these decisions, have looked at menus and reviews, thought about new ones and old favourites and I am still messing about!

So I have made a decision, I am going to go with the list I have and book my ADRs (hopefully) on 29th May and stick with them.

I think

SnowWhite1015

We didn't decide until maybe two days before we were able to book. Then we got online to book and changed our minds on a few things anyway. And we'll probably still change our minds between now and our trip! We've got BOG, Via Napoli, Raglan Road, Rose & Crown, Sanaa, and Garden Grill for dinner, and Kona Cafe for lunch. Changed our mind on Ohana and Beaches & Cream.

Care to share your list? :)

Tinkerkelle

We opt for old favourites (Ohana, CP and Liberty Tree-closed when we're there this year :cry:) and try to make ADRs for at least a couple of never dones. I had my list made and had them booked at the 6am 180 day deadline because I wanted early morning CP and Tusker ADRs. Had Park Fare (never been) down for night 5 but BoG (have been but it's just so pretty!) had availability so took it and have tinkered since -paying oop for beaches and cream now and added Boma ADR, both new tries. Tinkering is awesome and keeps me out of real world trouble. :angelic:

CAPTAIN HOOK

First of all we choose which parks we're most likely to be in based upon park hours - these are usually posted two weeks before the 180 mark. Once I know the proposed park hours (and armed with last years hours for the same period) I look at the restaurants we want to visit (old favourites and any new ones). Then I book.

That worked for me this year, although I've since been able to make one or two minor changes (usually to grab a better time slot than was originally offered). I've also made a couple of major changes. Firstly switching parks around to grab a pre-park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace, and secondly to accommodate a Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party.

Its always nice to know what you're going to eat 6 months before you get there

Tink28

Original Poster
Yes have been looking at previous park hours etc, just waiting on the December hours for this year then hopefully ready to go!

Looking forward to some good food on my trip!

DizneyPryncess

First of all we choose which parks we're most likely to be in based upon park hours - these are usually posted two weeks before the 180 mark. Once I know the proposed park hours (and armed with last years hours for the same period) I look at the restaurants we want to visit (old favourites and any new ones). Then I book.

That's my same method also. Wait for park hours to come out, and then plan from there.

For our fall trip we have breakfasts at Akershus & Chef Mickey's, Afternoon tea at GF, and dinner's at 'Ohana, Be Our Guest, Garden Grill & Tokyo Dining. 'Ohana just had an opening tonight for 6:30 that I was able to nab!

@HouCuseChickie I think it's all big fun too!

Matt_Black

That's my same method also. Wait for park hours to come out, and then plan from there.

For our fall trip we have breakfasts at Akershus & Chef Mickey's, Afternoon tea at GF, and dinner's at 'Ohana, Be Our Guest, Garden Grill & Tokyo Dining. 'Ohana just had an opening tonight for 6:30 that I was able to nab!

@HouCuseChickie I think it's all big fun too!

It IS fun, though admittedly it was more fun when they had PDF versions of the actual menus to look at online. Oh, those were awesome.

TXDisney

I booked all the ones we wanted at the time right when it was available. We changed 3 reservations before we actually went on the trip. No harm in booking it and see if things change.

JIMINYCR

DW and I have always scaled down our list of restaurant ADR's to include the old favorites and then throw in a couple of new places we havent tried just to be adventurous. All the way up to the very minute of bookings I am questioning my choices and looking through menu sites trying to get the perfect plan. I love the thrill of the planning but Oh My how it can drive you nuts. In the end DW says, just go with what YOU think is best, so at least she makes it a bit easier on me and in the end we are happy with our choices..

Bugz

Hate to say it and get hollered at but in my opinion you are stressing yourself out overthinking your itinerary , there isn't a bad place to eat in Disneyworld in my opinion , there I said it now bracing for attack. Lol

Tink28

Original Poster
Hate to say it and get hollered at but in my opinion you are stressing yourself out overthinking your itinerary , there isn't a bad place to eat in Disneyworld in my opinion , there I said it now bracing for attack. Lol

Mine is more of trying to fit in all the restaurants I would like to eat at in 14 days, too many places I would like to eat, favourites and new ones, not enough time!

Bugz

Mine is more of trying to fit in all the restaurants I would like to eat at in 14 days, too many places I would like to eat, favourites and new ones, not enough time!
Actually we go through the same thing every year , we are preparing for our trip in july , cant wait ! good luck to you!!

sgtmgd

LOL you should now be forced to eat at Hollywood and Vile for every meal during your next stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom