The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

TP2000

Some of the new diamond banners going up on the lampposts (photos by @tahrihc78)

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-04%20at%209.28.52%20PM_1.png

Those look expensive.

And period-perfect to The Music Man and the 1905 theme of Main Street USA, like something the Marceline Ladies Guild would have made themselves.

VJ

I love the unity present within Disneylanders and our connection to the park. This photo really captures that feeling I'm sure my fellow DL fans can relate to, especially those who grew up with it. It really is our park.
As someone who grew up 45 minutes away from Disneyland (and visited frequently), I understand completely!

sponono88

Right, but it also mentioned animatronics. Looks like there will be both.

That's how I took it as well, meaning he will be making non-AA appearances in addition to the animatronic. Technically he already does, with his glowing red eyes in the dark caverns and all.

And in case anyone's interested, here's a portion of last night's fireworks testing as seen from the MatterCam:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
That's how I took it as well, meaning he will be making non-AA appearances in addition to the animatronic. Technically he already does, with his glowing red eyes in the dark caverns and all.

And in case anyone's interested, here's a portion of last night's fireworks testing as seen from the MatterCam:

Yes, exactly. I was thinking the same thing, in terms of Harold's eyes.

sponono88

Wow, these new windows will be awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=132&v=15trHz91-4U

The beloved Main Street animated windows will come to life once again for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration as Main Street Enchanted Windows. Since the early 1960s, scenes from Disney animated classics have been featured in the windows of the Emporium at Disneyland park. This year, for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, these classic windows will be updated with new, exciting technology and effects.

There will be a total of six Main Street Enchanted Windows. The first two, featuring the stories of “Peter Pan” and “Cinderella,” will be unveiled in May, followed by “Frozen” and “The Princess and the Frog” in July, and “Toy Story” and “Aladdin” in August.

Source:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/˜new-main-street-enchanted-windows-to-debut-for-disneyland-resort-diamondcelebration/

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Agreed, and I'm still bitter about the cancellation of the Showboat Jubilee..! Also nice to see Aladdin get represented with a window. And it's no surprise to see Frozen there.

Ditto in regards to Jubilee and Aladdin (one of my favorite films). Not to mention the times when Tiana would come out and sing. Now it's all about Frozen.

Vegas Disney Fan

So happy to hear they've included The Princess and the Frog. That film receives virtually no love from Disney. It's underrated and so good.

True about the film being underrated although I think Princess Tiana has a pretty good presence in Disneyland with the finale of the Magical Map, a major parade float, and a meet and greet. I am surprised that Disney hasn't taken advantage of a very easy tie-in by creating a Tiana's Place restaurants in New Orleans Square in Disneyland and at Port Orleans French Quarter at WDW, kind of seems like a no brainer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom