Magicbands on little ones?

KordovaJD

Original Poster
So, we're got out magicbands this week for our May trip. My DS is only 10 months, so I am sure that he won't "wear" the magicband. We are resigned to strap it to his stroller or backpack (diaperbag). My DD is 3yo. She may find some novelty in wearing the band, but I guarantee it won't stay on long.

This may sound like a weird questions, but aside from times when they're actually being used, or when enter the parks, is there really any requirement that kiddos wear the band, or can it merely be attached to them or their belongings?

docdebbi

i am pretty sure the baby won't need it at all. as he does not need a ticket to enter, or a FP to go through the FP line, it's not necessary. and I assume you are not giving him charging privileges :).
i think they send it mostly for kids like my 2 year old grandson last time. his big brothers scanned theirs every time so he HAD to. even though there was nothing on it, and the light never turned green. it was still necessary every time unless you wanted to see World War III.

jensenmom72

i am pretty sure the baby won't need it at all. as he does not need a ticket to enter, or a FP to go through the FP line, it's not necessary. and I assume you are not giving him charging privileges :).
i think they send it mostly for kids like my 2 year old grandson last time. his big brothers scanned theirs every time so he HAD to. even though there was nothing on it, and the light never turned green. it was still necessary every time unless you wanted to see World War III.
I understand WW 111 lol

Tinkerkelle

My 2 loved wearing their bands. You can tear off part of the band to make it kid sized. They needed them for entry to the park and for FP+ so having them wear them was good for us. Knowing it is a special Mickey band endowed it with some sort of magic power in their eyes and they loved wearing it in the pool and shower just because they could.

CaptainAmerica

We went last year and lost my 2 year olds band on day two. We never replaced it and it was never a problem.
Yep, in fact I recommend that you disable the band for any child 2 and under immediately. There's no need for it since they don't need admission, FP+, meal credits, room keys, or charging privileges.

stevehousse

The band for the kids under 3 isn't associated with anything. No tickets or dining plan or spending allowed. It's just so that they don't feel left out.

DizneyPryncess

My two year old would wear hers for about an hour and then want it off. I kept it in my bag. Of course if she didn't have one, she would have wanted one. I'm not even going to put one on my new baby this fall when we go, I'll just keep it in my bag in case we need it for some reason.

KordovaJD

Original Poster
Well, my three year old managed to keep hers on all week.

And there was zero need for the band for my 1 yo.

YoJDew

My 3-yr-old daughter has eczema and while she loved wearing her band at first, it reeeeally started to irritate her skin. This year, either me or my husband will wear it for her.

PugsNotDrugs

My 3-yr-old daughter has eczema and while she loved wearing her band at first, it reeeeally started to irritate her skin. This year, either me or my husband will wear it for her.

Have you tried putting it on a long necklace or lanyard instead? Sometimes the combo of SPF, sweat & a MB don't appeal to my sensitive skin either. Just a thought. It might let her feel like she's still doing what everyone else is doing :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom