The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I know you didn't ask me me specifically, but I'll offer my two cents.
I loved it. Rest of the family hated it!
Hubby called his chicken parm - "chicken nuggets with cheese and ketchup sauce".

My brother and his family went last September, and three of the four of them declared it the best steak they have ever eaten!
Thanks Jennifer! Most of the reviews I saw were positive and we want to have dinner at HS and do Fantasmic (which we've not done yet). I know I've had disappointing meals at places that others have raved about, so I curious what happened when @Gabe1 went there...

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Hey guys, I'm looking to get my dh a ***** pack for Christmas. I'm thinking one by travelon. Do you know of any other good ones? THNX
DW picked up one at the World a year ago that was pretty nice. It came with an extra strap so you could wear it around your waist or use it as a purse off your shoulder. I never saw it at the Disney Store... The waist straps can be put into a pocket in the back for when you're using it as a purse.

pack.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
DW picked up one at the World a year ago that was pretty nice. It came with an extra strap so you could wear it around your waist or use it as a purse off your shoulder. I never saw it at the Disney Store... The waist straps can be put into a pocket in the back for when you're using it as a purse.

View attachment 91779
THNX I'm going to see if they have it online. I can't believe I'm already putting together my Christmas shopping list, but I'm already planning my summer 2016 vacation. I guess I'm just a planner!

StarWarsGirl

I figured you'd be studying and taking finals this week!!! :)
Finals are next week. It's paper week.

I lucked out today. My professor cancelled class today because he's sick, and then for my second class, there are one-on-one presentations today and Wednesday, and I'm signed up on Wednesday, so I don't have that either. So I just have work at 5 pm and had a few minutes to pop in.

Also, wanted to say...

Happy Star Wars Day!
11053907_746361765462928_3102267503203933705_n.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I haven't mentioned this yet, because I didn't want to jinx it, but I am absolutely busting!
It looks like two of the three kidlets may be moving out. Not the same two as before.

Son #1 - the most miserable, bi-polar, car-wrecking SOB in the Universe says he's leaving as soon as school is over. This means Hubby and I will have the entire upstairs to ourselves! :angelic:
He says I make him crazy with my controlling ways and he has to get as far away from me as possible.
Ummmm ... DITTO!
I will still encourage him to get that counselling that he mentioned.
He asked if I could front him $400 for each of the first two months. Truth is - I would give him $400 a month for the rest of his life if it meant he were happier, living in his own place, not berating me every day.
Honestly, there are only so many times a day I can hear, "I hate you ... Your mother died just to get away from you ... You are the worst person in the world ...."

Adopted Son is getting his own place, with my nephew and another guy.
There's an apartment that will give you the MUNCHIES every time you walk in the hallway. :eek:

This will give me my bottom basement back for storage. I need to get some order back in my life, I have been so stressed with all the carp everywhere!
Plus, he always has two or three friends over. None of them are bad kids ... it's just that they are ALWAYS over.

This will leave just Son #2. His anxiety level should plummet. I will yell less. He will yell back less.

Maybe, just maybe, this will work out this time.
Please Lord.

Otherwise I'm moving! Seriously.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I haven't mentioned this yet, because I didn't want to jinx it, but I am absolutely busting!
It looks like two of the three kidlets may be moving out. Not the same two as before.

Son #1 - the most miserable, bi-polar, car-wrecking SOB in the Universe says he's leaving as soon as school is over. This means Hubby and I will have the entire upstairs to ourselves! :angelic:
He says I make him crazy with my controlling ways and he has to get as far away from me as possible.
Ummmm ... DITTO!
I will still encourage him to get that counselling that he mentioned.
He asked if I could front him $400 for each of the first two months. Truth is - I would give him $400 a month for the rest of his life if it meant he were happier, living in his own place, not berating me every day.
Honestly, there are only so many times a day I can hear, "I hate you ... Your mother died just to get away from you ... You are the worst person in the world ...."

Adopted Son is getting his own place, with my nephew and another guy.
There's an apartment that will give you the MUNCHIES every time you walk in the hallway. :eek:

This will give me my bottom basement back for storage. I need to get some order back in my life, I have been so stressed with all the carp everywhere!
Plus, he always has two or three friends over. None of them are bad kids ... it's just that they are ALWAYS over.

This will leave just Son #2. His anxiety level should plummet. I will yell less. He will yell back less.

Maybe, just maybe, this will work out this time.
Please Lord.

Otherwise I'm moving! Seriously.
Now I'm felling guilty! I complain when my boys don't clean their rooms or their bathroom, note to self hide under very heavy large rock!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Now I'm felling guilty! I complain when my boys don't clean their rooms or their bathroom, note to self hide under very heavy large rock!
Not at all. You don't lose the right to complain just because someone else's complaints are bigger/different.

Son #1 needs major counselling. He comes from a long line of depression/mental illness.
He's right in that he probably should not be living at home anymore.

donaldtoo

I am a big fan of Kona, especially for dinner. Teppan Edo is a must do for us, service is spot on as are their ressies. Chef's I like for dinner more than breakfast, gives you more for the dollar on DP or out of pocket. I've done Ohana's for both breakfast and dinner. It isn't what it once was for dinner and I believe it is tie for worst holding to ADR times along with Coral Reef, though I've never had a bad meal at Coral, I enjoy the food, it is no longer romantic, thanks to dining plan. I've given Mama Melrose a couple of tries I am done likely forever. I love the concept of SciFi but the food has never lived up to the atmosphere though if the reviews ever came back that their food became better I'd give it a try. Big River Grille that gets some bad press, it has the bestest burger on property in my opinion. It is amazing Kobe burger that leaves ones mouth so happy. They also have some interesting drink offerings. I'd hit this one in a heartbeat as a young'n. I thank my DS for reintroducing me to this place. Even the bun itself is wondrous.

6241447487_025cb742bd.jpg
\

We got stuck for two hurricanes in Disney times and they were nasty. Both Charley and Andrew. Sadly when I came back to work after more extended trips at Disney then expected due to the hurricanes I had to return to work and deal with the aftermath damages to cargo. It went on for over a year for both. But I did discuss with the consignees my experience with the hurricanes at Disney and got to relive those vacations for over a year. The lemonade.

Yep, that burger looks awesome!!! :joyfull: :hungry:

Love Teppan Edo and 'Ohana (although - at 'Ohana - the chicken was a little dry in July of '12 - have not been back since the changes, and our last trip was in June of '13). Also, although it's not the best, we still have never had a bad meal at Sci-Fi either. Coral Reef was also very good to us the 2 times we've been there in the summers of '07 and '12. The Shrimp fettuccini in a creamy sun dried tomato sauce I had in '07 was insanely good. The mahi-mahi I had in '12 wasn't quite that good, but, still didn't disappoint. :hungry: :)

donaldtoo

Ha! I guess that could be true for lobsters as well. (Some people call them sea roaches . . . :p)

There was a nationally known nutritionist, that was pluggin' their knew book, being interviewed on one of our local radio stations way back in the day that referred to them as just that.
He talked about how they used to be looked down on as peasant trash food, not all that long ago in our countries history.
Sea roach or not, I LOVES me some lobster...!!! :joyfull: :)

lobster.jpg

:hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Not at all. You don't lose the right to complain just because someone else's complaints are bigger/different.

Son #1 needs major counselling. He comes from a long line of depression/mental illness.
He's right in that he probably should not be living at home anymore.
I really can't complain much at all about them. When James broke his arm and he was being knocked out to have it set he asked for his math homework and a Disney trip. He brought home a B once and I yelled at him:( he didn't study at all that quarter so the yelling was for not studying. I'm thinking about letting my boys pick one ADR no questions asked, even if it's Hollywood and vile.

Cesar R M

View attachment 91779
these bags are a must in all my trips. I always have one..
but not themed or cheap like these.

I use leather durable made locally.
They last a ton with tons of space.
Nothing like fitting securely your glasses, passport, extra money, keys, batteries (for my implant).. and even I could fit my old camera there (my new one is way too big and heavy lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom