Redeeming factors in rides you dislike

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I love the Muppets, but I'm not the biggest fan of MuppetVision. It's very dated and could use a bit of freshening up. It's a taste thing, I guess. I actually like Walter and strongly dislike Bean Bunny, but I have friends who are the complete opposite. But Sweetums and Statler and Waldorf still make me laugh.

I'm not the biggest fan of Journey into Imagination with Figment, but I love Eric Idle. I just imagine (get it?) it as a warped and forgotten Python sketch.

grim-grinning_toast

The pre-show for Stitch's Great Escape is excellent, in my opinion.

When my fiance and I first visited this attraction, he spent the entire walk from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland explaining why we could just skip it - that it wasn't very fun and the smell of his burp would make me sick, etc. But when we went in and I saw the pre-show I was absolutely blown away! The actual attraction is a little meh, but it's actually worth doing for the pres-show, I think!!

Captain EO - it really is a cool experience to hear Michael Jackson's music in full on theater surround sound.

I love Michael Jackson so much. When I saw Captain EO for the first time, I was crying SO hard. It was such an amazing experience to hear his music that way. I also like when the guys with those wire-whips feel like they're hitting your legs.

The Little Mermaid is my least favorite ride, but the Poor Unfortunate Souls is my favorite scene in any ride ever. I also really love how long the seats are in Ellen's Energy Adventure...it makes for a much more comfortable nap. :p

216bruce

MuppetVision, for me, is one of the reasons I go to WDW. It's the last great thing Jim worked on, and for me, it's pure magic. I know a lot of people hate it, for reasons I cannot imagine, but to each their own.
The Muppet pre-show movie is one of the best things ever made at WDW IMHO. If that ever goes away I'll get a group together with pitchforks and torches and we'll go old-school Universal Studios horror flick on TDO. If you hate the Muppets, there's something fundamentally wrong with your soul.

Otterhead

The Muppet pre-show movie is one of the best things ever made at WDW IMHO. If that ever goes away I'll get a group together with pitchforks and torches and we'll go old-school Universal Studios horror flick on TDO. If you hate the Muppets, there's something fundamentally wrong with your soul.
Fair warning: the pre-show has changed a bit recently. Kodak's no longer a sponsor, and if you remember, there's several bits with Muppets hauling the Kodak logo into place. Those little bits have been replaced with (thankfully) brief segments of Constantine saying that he's going to do something terrible to the Muppets or take over the world or something. The rest is the same.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
I love the Muppets, but I'm not the biggest fan of MuppetVision. It's very dated and could use a bit of freshening up. It's a taste thing, I guess. I actually like Walter and strongly dislike Bean Bunny, but I have friends who are the complete opposite. But Sweetums and Statler and Waldorf still make me laugh.

I agree. If they update the show, however, I want them to use archived recordings of Jim Henson for all of Kermit's lines. It was his last project, after all.

That said, I do like Bean Bunny. But Waldo annoyed the heck out of me.

216bruce

I dunno. I still on occasion will say "I'm bouncin' on people's heads" when the situation warrants it. Don't ask.

Phineas

The Stitch AA in Great Escape is beyond impressive. And the red laser turrets in that attraction are pretty menacing.

The bit where Einstein is bombing at Jeopardy in Ellen's Energy Adventure makes me smirk, as does her nickname for Jamie Lee Curtis- "Stupid Judy".

Dinoland USA is kind of charming in a kitschy sorta way...but it's still not Beastly Kingdom.

You know...now that I think of it-can anyone think of any redeeming factors for Magic Carpets of Aladdin? Anyone?

Phineas

When you get off the ride, there's Dole Whip floats right next door.

And it's like what? 2 minutes long? That's pretty redeeming.

Oh, and if you suffer from Pachydermophobia (the fear of elephants), but still want to mindlessly fly around in circles, Aladdin's got you covered. In a fairground ride that sticks out like a sore thumb, sure, but elephants are scary.

Victor Kelly

I like the Mermaid ride as well. I think the black lighting will do wonders for it. But, I think they could do a better job on the Ariel AA.

FettFan

As much as I downright LOATHED "Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management"...the Uh-Oa animatronic was one of the most impressive Disney has ever made.
uhoa.jpg

And I am very glad that she now makes an appearance at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto. Now if only they'd fully restore her to working order...

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
While I don't care for Mission:Space much, I'm glad they made a less intense version of it. I also enjoy that it engages you by having you press buttons & such, even though you don't have to press the buttons in the first place.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I will get mine and join you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom