CM Trouble at DHS

mousehockey37

Omg. Was the magic ruined and needed your parking and tickets refunded for life? Stupid questions will get bad answers. How in the world would the parking guy know why it was busy. There are web sites dedicated to that question of disney crowds and they still get it wrong.....

I'm sorry but this is just way out of line.

This is what people do. They find one thing wrong and they drive a Mack truck through it. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of compensation was either asked for or given if they stopped at Guest Relations.

I would get stupid questions like this when I would surf fish at the beach. 3 10'6" rods in the water and people would ask what I'm fishing for? It's the ocean, I'm after surfers :eek:, I hope one bites today...

In the meantime, let's keep this a POSITIVE thread for CM APPRECIATION!!!!! If you want to go on about the CM's that don't make your morning magical in the parking lot, then start a thread for it.

Betsyboo

This is what people do. They find one thing wrong and they drive a Mack truck through it. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of compensation was either asked for or given if they stopped at Guest Relations.

I would get stupid questions like this when I would surf fish at the beach. 3 10'6" rods in the water and people would ask what I'm fishing for? It's the ocean, I'm after surfers :eek:, I hope one bites today...

In the meantime, let's keep this a POSITIVE thread for CM APPRECIATION!!!!! If you want to go on about the CM's that don't make your morning magical in the parking lot, then start a thread for it.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish with a thread that's over a year old.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I know we're suppose to appreciate CMs here, but I have one that I'd like to shame. I didn't catch where he was from, but Terry the parking attendant at DHS, needs a stern talking to on being magical. My wife kindly asked him this morning why the park was so busy in which he replied, "We're trying to accommodate everyone, I don't have time for you, keep moving!"

He wasn't busy directing cars, he was literally just stopping people from crossing in front of trams closer to the main gate if you decided to walk to the entrance. I know he's only a parking attendant, but it's important they be more positive and what not since they are some of the first people guests see when they roll into the park. I expect the same positivity and attitude that the resort guards have knowing they are the first person guests see when checking into hotels as well. We soon found out that it was a cheer leading event, which is all we were looking for, not an attitude before we even walked through the gates. While I didn't need a lengthy explanation about why it was busy, I also didn't need someones bad attitude before we even scanned our passes to walk in.
Out for all the cast members I have ever had an issue with, it is usually parking, turnstiles, or security. Some of them need retraining, or should get another job elsewhere.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
did she really ask why the parks are so busy????? no disrespect but what kind of questions is that to ask durig a very busy time and to an employee trying to get folks into the parking lot safely. He probably should have had better techinque in any case.
Seems like a reasonable question to me. Certainly didn't necessitate a rude reply.

Disneyhead'71

Wow, I can't believe the number of pixie dust addicts that are actively supporting a CM's rude behavior to guests.

From what I have read in this thread, your wife deserved to be rude to by a Disney Cast Member for asking a simple question.

Really people?

The Mom

Premium Member

I like to know what kind of fish are in the area, especially if I don't live there, so I don't think it's a stupid question at all. I've found that most fishermen are happy to tell me, and usually show me what they've already caught.
Just as I would ask someone scanning an area with binoculars and a bird guide - it's obvious that they're looking for birds, but I would be very interested in knowing which species are around.

mousehockey37

I like to know what kind of fish are in the area, especially if I don't live there, so I don't think it's a stupid question at all. I've found that most fishermen are happy to tell me, and usually show me what they've already caught.
Just as I would ask someone scanning an area with binoculars and a bird guide - it's obvious that they're looking for birds, but I would be very interested in knowing which species are around.

True, and I normally tell them what's there. Most times in the Spring and Fall when the fish are moving, you can catch pretty much anything, so I do give a broad statement. I've caught everything from flounder and sea bass up to sharks, and I tell people that, and then not to worry that the native sharks are notably active at night and not a major risk to people during the day.

The Mom

Premium Member
True, and I normally tell them what's there. Most times in the Spring and Fall when the fish are moving, you can catch pretty much anything, so I do give a broad statement. I've caught everything from flounder and sea bass up to sharks, and I tell people that, and then not to worry that the native sharks are notably active at night and not a major risk to people during the day.

Sea Bass - yum. I like to know what's local and fresh. ;)

Tom Morrow

Wow, I can't believe the number of pixie dust addicts that are actively supporting a CM's rude behavior to guests.

From what I have read in this thread, your wife deserved to be rude to by a Disney Cast Member for asking a simple question.

Really people?
No, but calling out that CM by name on a public forum is not the right course of action. Especially when it was something the OP could have easily shrugged off. Maybe he's normally a great CM? Maybe he just lost a loved one? We don't know, but now the internet "knows" that Terry the parking lot attendant at DHS is a bad worker.

It's ridiculous to think think that someone making peanuts, standing in a burning hot parking lot all day, baking in the sun, and nearly getting run over by vehicles while monitoring safety should also be expected to give impeccable guest service. "Pixie dust snorting" is what leads people to not consider all of this and instead feel so entitled as to run to the internet to complain about someone publicly.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom