Muppet-Vision 3D Closing???

Californian Elitist

I'm still betting on Pinocchio.

Pinocchio's facade is getting a makeover.

Considering other Disney parks around the world are getting major Frozen additions now or within some time, I highly doubt Disney plans on taking out a dark ride for Frozen at Disneyland. If anything, the old Motorboat Cruise area would be picked for an attraction.

I remember you saying you've never been to Disneyland. How do you know what the ride experience of our Pooh is like? Please don't say YouTube.

GiveMeTheMusic

The Frozen Sing-A-Long will run for the foreseeable future. It does have a tentative closing date, but it's a ways off and contingent on other projects.

ght

Pinocchio's facade is getting a makeover.

Considering other Disney parks around the world are getting major Frozen additions now or within some time, I highly doubt Disney plans on taking out a dark ride for Frozen at Disneyland. If anything, the old Motorboat Cruise area would be picked for an attraction.

I remember you saying you've never been to Disneyland. How do you know what the ride experience of our Pooh is like? Please don't say YouTube.
Well, I have to say he isn't wrong about Pooh, at least compared to the WDW version. I still don't think Frozen would replace any of the dark rides at DL. I agree that if they add a Frozen ride I would expect it to be something more that a repurposed dark ride. Given the waits for the meet and greets I can only imagine what sort of wait there would be for a ride jammed into the Toad building.

Californian Elitist

Well, I have to say he isn't wrong about Pooh, at least compared to the WDW version.

The point of my response had nothing to do with which version of the ride is better. My point was one can't truly know what a ride experience is like without actually having ridden that ride. There's only so much perspective one gets from YouTube videos and photos.

Last edited:

ght

The point of my response had nothing to do as to which version of the ride is better. My point was one can't truly know what a ride experience is like without actually having ridden that ride. There's only so much perspective one gets from YouTube videos and photos.
True.

TP2000

I've gotten word that Muppet-Vision will not be returning anytime soon.

And absolutely no one is surprised.

One look at the packed houses and waiting Standby line to get into the Crown Jewel Theatre could tell you that MuppetVision is never coming back. How MuppetVision still creaks along in WDW is even sadder; yet more understandable since DHS is a park with a short and very weak roster of "attractions".

FoozieBear

Original Poster
And absolutely no one is surprised.

One look at the packed houses and waiting Standby line to get into the Crown Jewel Theatre could tell you that MuppetVision is never coming back. How MuppetVision still creaks along in WDW is even sadder; yet more understandable since DHS is a park with a short and very weak roster of "attractions".

It's a bit unfair to compare a twenty year old attraction to an easy new cash grab.

Your comment about WDW's version really annoys me. I think what keeps people from seeing it multiple times is that it's old. How many times is the average visitor going to want to see the same dated 3D film again? Attractions don't suffer from that problem, but 3D films do. I still think what the attraction needs is a big update that would draw people in to the attraction at least for another few years. Especially seeing how Disney is still making more Muppet movies and TV shows, it very much should be updated.

Anyway, Muppets at DHS continues to remain popular, and on all my recent visits, it's been PACKED. Nearly the entire theater was full and the pre-recorded interactions weren't even neccesary seeing how many kids were responding to Sweetums' search for the Bunny. Maybe it's the lack of attractions drawing people in, but I still think it's pretty popular and hopefully is safe.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

Everyone seeing Muppet*Vision at DHS is just waiting for their Fastpass return time for the Frozen Sing-Along.

Pooh at DL is underrated. MK's basically has more stuff in it, although I guess they're the same length. I mean, I've wanted to criticize the DL version since I first went on it, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I like many things about DL's more than MK's, so I guess it's on the same level for me. I mean, first of all, the lighting: MK's is too bright, DL is more in the style of the old-school dark rides. I feel in this regard that the MK version panders more to babies, but the DL version isn't afraid to be more on the creepier side, as these dark rides should be. The order of the scenes is perfect. There's never a wait, and that cannot be said for the MK version. The exterior is so charming and so much better than the one at MK. All the characters are 3D at the end, which is a terrible moment in the WDW version that hasn't been fixed to this day. Then, you can exit and get a peanut butter cookie, and ride again. Finally, while the DL version did destroy a classic show, at least it didn't destroy 2 classic opening day rides.

Yep, I just went there.

Skippy

Finally, while the DL version did destroy a classic show, at least it didn't destroy 2 classic opening day rides.

Yep, I just went there.
Not sure if you're referring to 20k? The only thing Pooh's Playful Spot destroyed was unused space (unfortunately). I do miss Toad.. thankfully I can still ride the one out west.

Brer Panther

In regards to the whole "Disneyland's Pooh does more to scare its audience" thing, I'm not sure... Both rides have the "Heffalumps and Woozles" scene, and I don't think the other scenes are meant to be scary if the cheery music is anything to go by.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I remember it took a long time to bring myself to riding Pooh in WDW or DL after riding Tokyo Disneyland's E Ticket, Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

It killed me to see concept art of Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Disneyland's Critter Country. To think that it was actually considered!

But if there is one one thing that Disneyland's Pooh has over WDW is the outdoor setting and loading area. With the brook and little houses along its banks, love that much more than a Fantasyland setting.

Kman101

Kind of sad many don't think Muppets can stand on it's own. It's not as if they are packed to the gils at DHS either, but I do think it's always been more popular in Florida. You can argue all you want that it's lack of things to do but I don't agree in this case.

And Disneyland would never replace a dark ride in Fantasyland for Frozen. Let's not start that rumor.

It's too bad Florida got rid of Snow White and Toad. Both were the better versions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom