Where to start

twinmom34

I am planning a 2nd trip to WDW this summer. The first year we went a friend basically gave me a daily itinerary of what to do, that friend is now lost in the internet world (you know those friends you make in forums and then loose track of???)! I don't know where to start :( and want this to be a great experience for my girls!

PoorSkippy

Now I am scared....hoping my answer of going August 6th is the right answer! Going any later was impossible...

Maybe no pony ride, but what about going to the stables to meet the horses?

(Sorry, I don't know how I attached this response to the wrong post. Suggestion still stands, though...)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twinmom34

Original Poster
@twinmom34 keep asking questions. The people on this group are great with suggestions about trip planning (@englanddg is very good).

Before my niece an nephews went on their first trip, I gave them Disney gift cards to use for fun spending in the parks. Even though you've already planned a fabulous trip, this might be a good option for your twins. My niece was told by her mom that if she wanted anything outside of meals and planned events, she had to spend her own money. The gift card (they can now be loaded on to the bands) let her have some independence when buying souvenirs. She could make her own decisions and didn't have to ask mom for money.

Can you be my mom, too? Great plans.

Good idea! I have Disney Rewards I had planned to put on a rewards card. I will see if I can do two of them to give each of the girls their spending money!

Upvote 0

EmmieSue

You've gotten some great suggestions so far, but I would think carefully about paying for any meals out of pocket after you have already purchased the dining plan, especially with just one adult and two children. You are most likely paying a lot for that dining plan, more than you would if you paid for everything out of pocket, so tacking on more money for food may not be the best idea.

I actually thought your original list of meals was much better if you are staying on the dining plan. I suggest picking where you may want to eat and then using the menus and pricing at allears.net to get a rough idea of how much your meals are really costing you. Do you really need a dessert with every meal or would you rather just have a meal and get a snack later on? Dining plan you get a dessert with each meal and you are paying for that. Everyone is different, but I have found that with the dining plan you are limited in a sense and you are paying for the convenience of it. Not getting the dining plan saved my family $300.

If you don't plan to completely stick to the dining plan you may be better off not getting it at all and just paying as you go. Remember you have to pay for tips out of pocket still to with the dining plans. It is entirely your choice and like I said, it is different for everyone, but I definitely would not even consider paying for out of pocket meals on top of the dining plan.

Upvote 0

SAV

This part of the planning is hard since we don't know your kids and you said one may be a little timid to go on the coaster or intense rides.

MK - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for sure. It is a timid roller coaster. Elsa and Anna if they want to meet them. The rest should be whatever you really want to go on.
DHS - Toy Story Midway Mania for sure. If they like princesses, then do the Beauty and the Beast show.
Epcot - Soarin for sure, Maybe Spaceship Earth, Maybe Turtle Talk with Crush. I would also take everyone on Test Track, but do the standby line for that one since it is more interesting than the Soarin' line.
AK - Safari as close to opening as you can. For the Coaster kid, Expedition Everest. If you like water rides, Kali River Rapids. If not, then go with Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo the Musical. Dinosaur! may be too intense, that is hard to say since we don't know your kids.

Upvote 0

Tinkerfan4ever

While I think the costume is a cute idea, I am afraid the princesses will melt in a costume in August. I plan to look for a plain sundress to wear with their sash??? But, might...just might end up with the costume purchase. Not sure on that yet. As far as BBB, it's a definite! I forgot about seeing them last time we went and it being a too late to plan type of scenario.

We did this when we did BBB for our DD. These pjs are super light weight and she was fine wearing it all day. We even had people ask us where we got her dress and they had no idea they were pjs. Plus you can use them at home after & they are on sale right now!
http://www.disneystore.com/disney-princess-nightgown-for-girls/mp/1370186/1000305/

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom