Disney Springs construction begins

mm121

Shallow is safer for sure- I understand that decision.

Curious if you'll be able to walk across he river on stone paths- I've seen that quite often and it's a great look.

Great point on trex- that'd be a great area to sit- although you'd be outside of trex- which is really the draw, but they could've done a bar.

it looks to only be like 2 feet maybe 3 though, so that makes it look fake
i understand the whole safety fears as if they made it too deep they'd probably have to fence it like they've been doing the the resort pools, since common sense water safety has gone completely out the window in recent years.

just would of been cool to make the springs interactive with tubing, kayaking, or something.

the springs at ginnie springs, aren't very deep but there deeper than 2 feet.

and yes an outside area would loose the themeing, but thats why i referenced the lava bar over at rainforest, as they are both owned by the same company.

Stitchon

Shallow is safer for sure- I understand that decision.

Curious if you'll be able to walk across he river on stone paths- I've seen that quite often and it's a great look.

Great point on trex- that'd be a great area to sit- although you'd be outside of trex- which is really the draw, but they could've done a bar.

Disney had a feature just like that at both Typhoon Lagoon and Animal Kingdom, and paved over the former and essentially closed off the latter.

I don't think that will be happening again.

WDWtraveler

more to make the springs CLEAR. smaller volume of water to filter and move, so no stagnant water to grow green

Regarding the Disney Springs river discussion and photos. I usually only provide content, but I am going out on a limb here with this observation. To keep the entire Disney Springs experience looking good, I believe @dstrawn9889 is correct. This portion of Disney Springs will NOT be connected to the existing lake. It will appear connected under the bridges, but there will be water dams under the bridges. And after watching this construction for several months, with all the "plumbing" in the river bed and along the banks, and the fact so much of the promenade will be along this river, I think there will be more to this body of water than just a pretty lake. There might be some sort of water feature, lighting, perhaps even a "display" or "show" down the road. I don't think Disney will miss this opportunity to "plus" the whole Disney Springs expansion. There is too much work going on for this to be a simple body of clean water.

articos

Regarding the Disney Springs river discussion and photos. I usually only provide content, but I am going out on a limb here with this observation. To keep the entire Disney Springs experience looking good, I believe @dstrawn9889 is correct. This portion of Disney Springs will NOT be connected to the existing lake. It will appear connected under the bridges, but there will be water dams under the bridges. And after watching this construction for several months, with all the "plumbing" in the river bed and along the banks, and the fact so much of the promenade will be along this river, I think there will be more to this body of water than just a pretty lake. There might be some sort of water feature, lighting, perhaps even a "display" or "show" down the road. I don't think Disney will miss this opportunity to "plus" the whole Disney Springs expansion. There is too much work going on for this to be a simple body of clean water.
You may be on to something...

The spring will look natural once done. And T-Rex will integrate into the new environment. The friezes are a nod to the "history" because of where they are.

Disneyhead'71

I never said there wasn't tubing nearby.

Just that it would have completed the themeing.
Oh, I wasn't saying Wekiva Springs is an alternative place for guests to go tubing. Just agreeing that Springs have tubing so tubing at Disney Springs would fit thematically. And I'll add tubing is just a lot of fun.

Disneyhead'71

Are you sure you didn't mean rock springs at Kelly park? I've been to wekiva springs many times and haven't noticed tubing as an option.
Right. You can use an inner tube at Wekiva Springs, but not in the river portion. The tubing I was thinking of though is at Kelly Park.

mm121

Tubing in theory might sound good, I can only imagine it taking away from it try to look a bit more upscale.
thought springs was suppose to be a family town, not a town only for the 1%
And they will probably dye the water to hide the bottom.
Most springs you can see the bottom, and dying the water would be hard to keep up and wouldn't be the most environmental in the long run

G00fyDad

thought springs was suppose to be a family town, not a town only for the 1%

Have you seen the shops that are going in there?

Most springs you can see the bottom, and dying the water would be hard to keep up and wouldn't be the most environmental in the long run

I disagree. It wouldn't be very hard to keep up at all, and since the water is not going into a landwater basin then exactly how is it harmful?

Kman101

Really enjoyed walking around the entire Disney Springs/Downtown Disney today. The garage is nice, albeit a tad bit hectic and confusing for whatever reason. I also am a sucker for brick and the old train track/shade areas are well done, IMO. They've done a great job. I just like the overall new look they're going for. I cannot wait for Planet Hollywood to be changed, it's really faded and sticks out like a sore thumb. But I know that's coming.

The Hangar and Boathouse look great and compliment the area. It was fun to watch the cars. And yes, they were out and people were in them. They definitely draw a crowd.

Didn't know where to post general thoughts so I figured this was the best place ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom