Contemporary Garden Wing

Tinkerkelle

Original Poster
Have looked around for info specific to the garden wing of the Contemporary, where we'll be staying in October. There's so much about staying in the main tower but what about the garden wing? What are your thoughts/tips?

zurgandfriend

We have stayed in the garden wing several times, we enjoy staying all the way at the end, at the "top of the T" facing Bay Lake. We find there is less noise from boats on the lake and the sunrise is beautiful to see. It is about a 10-12 minute walk to the main building if you walk down the corridor and take the path to the doors, however you can cut across the grass around the pools to get to the main building and as stated you are close to the pools in the garden wing. There is a side door you can use to access that area. I have heard that there is a lot of noise if you stay on the side facing the channel between Bay lake and the Seven Sea Lagoon.

Missymoe4

Also, if you would like an outdoor space, you need to request a 1st floor room. The 2nd and 3rd floors (are there 3? I forget off the top of my head) have faux balconies. The wing rooms are just like the Tower. They are really great. My childhood memories were spent in those rooms so I'm going down memory lane as I answer this question. The walk is not far, and as zurgandfriend said, cut across to the pool.

rob0519

The best way to think of it, is staying at a really nice 3 story motel about a 5-10 minute walk from the Contemporary Resort. Long hallways with doors on both sides with no Disney theming. I say really nice because the rooms are the same in the Garden Wing as they are in the Tower.

Not sure what they are calling it now, but we had the "parking lot view" one year which was less than inspiring. Another year we did get a 2nd floor Bay Lake view which was actually quite scenic and peaceful. You will have to walk to the main building for food, the monorail or bus service.

If you use the pool, you are definitely closer than you would be in the main building. You are also closer to the marina where you can catch a launch to the Wilderness Lodge or the MK. If you're room turns out to be on the 2nd floor, ask if it's close to the laundry room. It's open 24 hours and if you're a light sleeper the traffic and machine noise may disturb you.

It really is a good choice. Have a great time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom