Universal missing a trick a with no Fast&Furious attraction

JordanNite

Original Poster
For clarifaction purposes i am talking Universal Orlando here, not Hollywood.

So the lastest Fast and Furious film is now number 4 in the all time box office worldwide ! A stunning achievement (especially when the movies are no great stakes). They are also developed and produced by Universal themselves, so need for costly expensive licensing from other studios.

Do you think perhaps they are missing the boat on this franchise over in Orlando? I know they are redoing King Kong, but surely an attraction based on Fast and Furious would have made more commercial sense? Perhaps they didn't think it was going to score so big.

I am aware they are doing an attraction over in Hollywood, and perhaps we'll get some form of that attraction in Orlando.

But as it, i honestly think Universal have missed a trick with this one - current hot franchise with very little of it in the parks.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Not saying it's a crisis - far from it. Just felt this would be a massive franchise to take advantage off.

Don't think it will have the long term appeal though - it's more of a hot rite now thing
I was convinced the franchise would never take off. Then I was convinced it would never last.

It really is the winning formula of absolutely brainless, explosions, cars, and hot ladies. As long as teenage guys exist, this formula will work.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Your hangover from the Disney thread is tiresome. We get it .. you love Disney. No need to follow me around and make it personal.
If you'd actually read my posts instead of incessantly posting whatever crisis of the moment strikes you, perhaps you'd realize that wasn't the case. But throwing out "the sky is falling" posts and threads doesn't do much for your arguments. Especially when asking a simple question would have sufficed....

JordanNite

Original Poster
Am by no means throwing out 'the sky is falling' posts - merely an observation. If you look back on my postings, i am in massive praise of Universal.

You obviously feel a little sensitive over my critisims of Disney, and the lack of any new attractions.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Am by no means throwing out 'the sky is falling' posts - merely an observation. If you look back on my postings, i am in massive praise of Universal.

You obviously feel a little sensitive over my critisims of Disney, and the lack of any new attractions.
Again, you're spending too much time on your own personal hyperbole, and not enough either looking for the facts, or asking for them. And this is a discussion of new rides at Universal, which not only was I not criticizing, but instead confirming a new F&F ride as someone else had mentioned. But I suppose it's sometimes difficult to see beyond your own prattle....

JT3000

Do I think they're missing the boat? No. I think that boat has already disappeared over the horizon. But I'm saying that mainly because I hold the opinion that the franchise should end here, for several reasons, and not because it actually will end anytime soon. I'm still flabbergasted by the fact that it's even lasted for as long as it has, but if the horse beatings hadn't already officially begun, they certainly will now. Very strange time for Universal to finally cash in on the theme park market.

Tony Perkis

I was convinced the franchise would never take off. Then I was convinced it would never last.

It really is the winning formula of absolutely brainless, explosions, cars, and hot ladies. As long as teenage guys exist, this formula will work.
Best comparison: Transformers. A film franchise that nobody would confuse for great cinema, yet the concept and adrenaline simply lend themselves perfectly to a theme park attraction.

Fast and Furious is better, though. Transformers is an assault on the brain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom