Best job to transfer into Guest Relations / Hotel job?

mco_mouse

Original Poster
Hi!
I'm very interested in working at Guest Relations or Hotel Front desk, I hope someone can give me some advise.
I've done one of those program at Disney & I'm bilingual.
As I mentioned, my goal is to get Guest Relations job at parks or hotel front desk or guest service job,
but I've heard these positions are very competitive and they only accept internal employees.
So right now the jobs that are available for me to apply are full time call center job at DVC or part-time attraction/QS.
Does anybody knows which one is the best job (or what's the best way) to transition into Guest relations?
Is it better to have a job that are inside of parks or better to have full-time job?
Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

lego606

MagicBandit
Hi!
I'm very interested in working at Guest Relations or Hotel Front desk, I hope someone can give me some advise.
I've done one of those program at Disney & I'm bilingual.
As I mentioned, my goal is to get Guest Relations job at parks or hotel front desk or guest service job,
but I've heard these positions are very competitive and they only accept internal employees.
So right now the jobs that are available for me to apply are full time call center job at DVC or part-time attraction/QS.
Does anybody knows which one is the best job (or what's the best way) to transition into Guest relations?
Is it better to have a job that are inside of parks or better to have full-time job?
Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

At Disneyland, I've seen a LOT of people go to Guest Relations from Attractions, especially those who worked at an E-ticket (high stress, potential for negative situations, constant Guests).

katiekinzakat

Anything position where you come into contact with guests will get you front desk easily, though I do know a few who came through the call centers as well. Pick something that you think you would love doing, especially if you're interested in Guest Relations. They have a lot of temporary assignments where you return to your old position after the duration, so make sure that position is actually something you'd like to go back to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom