Poor Carousel Of Progress

RonAnnArbor

Just rode it yesterday -- everything was working pretty much, except for the water in the first sequence - after "priming" it just coughed and did nothing. The second scene still says 11:10 pm though nobody has even left for the fireworks. The 40's scene has had some paintwork done around the trim and it looks nice, and the blinds have been fixed. Thank you someone. It only took two years to do that. The final sequence worked well except for the oven which did not update the temperature, though the effect itself was working well.

JordanNite

Utter nonsense hope they never touch this classic - where else can you get a good half hour sleep in the Magic Kingdom, with some good air conditioning?

I love going in here to recharge my batteries. Put some of my noise cancelling headphones on, and lie down - the seats are always empty. A good sleep and i'm refreshed for the nights entertainment.

Magenta Panther

Is it weird that every time I've walked past CoP and seen absolutely no one in line, it makes me kinda sad? Tucked away in the corner, just beside the hub of Tomorrowland, sitting there all lonely and forlorn lol. I don't think it's a bad ride at all, but I think it is in serious need of a refurb. It was one of the first rides I went on during my first trip to WDW in 1990, so it definitely holds some nostalgia for me.

I haven't ridden COP since I visited WDW as a kid, and you know why? Because of the Country Bears Jamboree. I loved that attraction as a kid, LOVED it, but when I saw it again as an adult...it seemed so dated, so corny. It broke my heart. It's not the attraction's fault, but the world has moved on, and technology has grown, and the Bears just don't seem that amazing anymore. There are stuffed toys now you can buy that can move and talk and blink and so on...the Bears' tech seems terribly dated. So, because of my Bears experience, I'm afraid if I ride COP I'll get my heart broken again. So I don't ride it. I'm such a wimp. :p

Prog

You should try it. I enjoy it more than I did when I was little, although back then I pretty much saw it as a 20 minute preaching session.

mouskateer carrie

Love it. Absolutely one of my favorites. I tried taking my 4 yr old on it and he loves it, too! He sings the song all the time and says it's one of his favorites... Walt sure knew what he was doing with that one.

BrianV

If they were to update it, they might do what they did with the tiki room under new management. That was truly a disgrace. (Thankfully the tiki gods fixed that!!)

Now maintenance is always welcome. But that is different from updating!

Now for my moment of honesty, however, I haven't been in the cop in years. Unlike the tiki room, it seems to be out of the way and we just don't find ourselves walking past it! (Hangs head in shame...)

POLY LOVER

I love the COP. it represents original Disney and has nostalgia. You have to love it because it is old and orginal. Its like an old historic building amongst the new glass cover structures with no character. Only those that still have passion and romance in their hearts can see its true beauty. I ride it eveytime we go and will continue to do so.

THERES A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW- COP FOREVER!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom