The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Oh @MOXOMUMD That is my favorite avatar of yours yet! Dumbo is one of my favorite Disney characters; I've had a Dumbo plush that I have slept with ever since I got him on my first trip to WDW when I was five months old. Since then I've collected a LOT of Dumbo stuff! And Dumbo with his mommy is so cute. My mom used to sing "Baby Mine" when I was a baby to get me to fall asleep. This one kid who I babysit will stop crying no matter what if you sing him "Baby Mine".:happy:

And with that, I am now REALLY off to bed.

My daughter has a few lines of that song painted on the wall above her crib. DW has sung that song to her every night since she was born when she puts her to bed. Me on the other hand prefer to sing feed the birds when I put her to bed. :cool:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The past few years we've been to WDW they have made people actually use the stroller parking next to The Land and not on the ramp.

That move of the strollers helped everyone and the bay for the strollers is pretty large. I remember when the kids were little that ramp with a kid in the stroller up to the land wasn't fun to push anyhow.

Eric1955

The new and revised Canadian motto? :confused:

Here in Mississippi the state motto is "are you gonna eat that?" And our state bird is the fried chicken. In my home state of Louisiana the state bird is the mosquito. These facts are 100% true. I wouldn't lie.

On a serious note, since you brought up the Canadian motto I'm gonna take this opportunity to rant (nobody else will listen) about the movement to change the Canadian motto. Canada's motto is A mari usque ad mare (from sea to sea). However, there are many Canadians that would like to see the motto changed to A mari ad mare ad mare (from sea to sea to sea) to insure that northern Canada is represented. Apparently it's a very popular proposal but as someone who has spent a lot of time studying Canadian history I think it is a terrible idea. It shows a complete lack of knowledge as to where Canada's motto actually comes from (am I boring everyone yet?). If Canada's motto is going to be changed to include northern Canada then the motto should be A mari usque ad mare, et a flumine usque ad terminus terrae (from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth).

Canada's motto A mari usque ad mare was taken directly from Psalm 72:8 because it was thought to give a perfect description of Canada "He shall have dominion (Canada's title at the time) also from sea to sea (Atlantic to Pacific), and from the river ( the Saint Lawrence River) unto the ends of the earth (the Arctic/North Pole)." So if the motto is going to be changed it needs to respect Canadian history and be in keeping with Psalm 72:8. But I'm not Canadian so I guess that's none of my business. Maybe instead I should give my rant about the US national anthem.

Eric1955

I was reading about tigers the other day, and did you know that their saliva is antiseptic?

Tigers have been known to imitate the call of other animals, to attract their prey; tigers are smart.

Also, if you look a tiger in the eyes, he is less likely to kill you. (That's a helpful hint if you're walking around around the jungle, and you see him first.) ;) :)

5405b2abc293e1814e5e98d61b511e70.jpg

Cesar R M

I was reading about tigers the other day, and did you know that their saliva is antiseptic?

Tigers have been known to imitate the call of other animals, to attract their prey; tigers are smart.

Also, if you look a tiger in the eyes, he is less likely to kill you. (That's a helpful hint if you're walking around around the jungle, and you see him first.) ;) :)
this is why some indian people wear masks in their back of their heads when going to the jungle/forest areas.

so the tiger is fooled XD

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My daughter has a few lines of that song painted on the wall above her crib. DW has sung that song to her every night since she was born when she puts her to bed. Me on the other hand prefer to sing feed the birds when I put her to bed. :cool:
This is what I used to sing to Son #1 - sung to the tune of Brahms' Lullaby:

Lullaby and good night
Go to sleep now, my baby.
Go to sleep now
Go to sleep now
You are getting on my nerves.

Close your eyes,
Say good night,
And I'll see you in the morn.

Yup, he was collicky.
Screamed from 5:00 p.m. until midnight, for three and a half months, stopping to take nary a breath.
Good times.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Oh my CAA Travel Agent is NOT happy with me.

I called her, telling her how to re-jig the reservations to finagle the Free Dining.
Apparently, one of the other agents was already on the phone w/Disney this morning. TWO AND A HALF HOURS on hold.

Sorry honey, but all jobs stink sometimes.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Here in Mississippi the state motto is "are you gonna eat that?" And our state bird is the fried chicken. In my home state of Louisiana the state bird is the mosquito. These facts are 100% true. I wouldn't lie.

On a serious note, since you brought up the Canadian motto I'm gonna take this opportunity to rant (nobody else will listen) about the movement to change the Canadian motto. Canada's motto is A mari usque ad mare (from sea to sea). However, there are many Canadians that would like to see the motto changed to A mari ad mare ad mare (from sea to sea to sea) to insure that northern Canada is represented. Apparently it's a very popular proposal but as someone who has spent a lot of time studying Canadian history I think it is a terrible idea. It shows a complete lack of knowledge as to where Canada's motto actually comes from (am I boring everyone yet?). If Canada's motto is going to be changed to include northern Canada then the motto should be A mari usque ad mare, et a flumine usque ad terminus terrae (from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth).

Canada's motto A mari usque ad mare was taken directly from Psalm 72:8 because it was thought to give a perfect description of Canada "He shall have dominion (Canada's title at the time) also from sea to sea (Atlantic to Pacific), and from the river ( the Saint Lawrence River) unto the ends of the earth (the Arctic/North Pole)." So if the motto is going to be changed it needs to respect Canadian history and be in keeping with Psalm 72:8. But I'm not Canadian so I guess that's none of my business. Maybe instead I should give my rant about the US national anthem.
I'm with you. Leave it as is, or go with the full Biblical intention.
Truth be told, I prefer the latter. It is a majestic motto for a majestic country.

FYI - This is the first of I've heard of a proposed change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom