Tokyo Disneyland/Sea expands!

BrianLo

In case anyone missed Spirit's post (and the fact he updated it about 8 hours laters), it contains the most synthesized (and likely accurate information) we have. Take a look:

Just a note or two on all the TDR excitement:

Frozen/Arrendale (or is it Arrendelle or how about Oslo?) is going to be the new port at TDS. The highlight will be a HUGE scale modern attraction that will cost (on the low end) $350 million plus.

EDIT: since gotten note that price may be higher because of 'nature' of showbuilding (I am betting on the giant ice castle that I suggested months ago for MK!)

Also, right now, they are not doing a BoG despite what people think they are seeing in art

Back to OP ...

No Frozen product beyond entertainment will be going in TDL;

No, the SDMT isn't going to TDL;

The Raceway, the StarJets and the Tomorrowland Terrace (the absolute worst place you could eat in a park of great food) are going bye-bye;

Shockingly they will be relocating Small World just a bit over into what was Tomorrowland;

Looks like a restaurant that overlooks the parade route will wind up where TT sits now in its 70s glory;

This won't all be built by 2017, but most work will commence by then and some may well be done;

There is no Candyland/Sugar Rush/Wreck It Ralph component. There is an expanded Alice in Wonderland presence, which includes an attraction (or two);

When all is said and done, I wish I could tell you that the makeover/rebranding of TPFKaTD-MGMS will be as impressive as either the work in just one of Tokyo's parks. But I am not and can not.

I was going to make a case for there being room for a B&TB ride with space for a ride approximately of the size of Hunny Hunt, but the fact Spirit confirms there is no Be Our Guest Restaurant coming, that leaves quite a large plot of land available for a ride/show or potentially both.

The Southern most plot is the castle and whatever falls behind it, above that is an area that looks like covered queues in the artwork (and whatever falls behind that). Neither are flush against the back of the berm as far as I can see from the artwork, leaving room for a singular large showroom or two smaller ones. I assume there has to be one unknown attraction beyond the major Alice one & Small World, otherwise there is not much net gain in capacity.
Slide1.jpg

BrerJon

Could we see...

-Speedway
-Small World
+Small World
+Alice Dark Ride
+Alice Minor Attraction (Flat? Walk Thru?)
-Astro Jets
-Dumbo
+Dumbo
+Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride (or show?)
+Belle's Village
-Tomorrowland Terrace
+New village restaurant?

Pretty much right except I think Alice is only getting a small play area, with possibly a flat ride or two, while the bulk of the Small World space is to be used for future mystery projects.

I think they will build Beast's castle as in MK, but it won't be a ride or a restaurant, instead it will contain the Be Our Guest stage musical (much like the Little Mermaid show in DisneySea).

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

Disneyland Paris was built with a proper, gorgeous Fantasyland. The Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland could still use the complete New Fantasyland treatment.
I know but think about it the order the parks were open. Disneyland Paris is the 4th park to open so there's a chance Disneyland Paris might get New Fantasyland next.

The Empress Lilly

DLP did sorta get a 'NFL'. Well a phase II, that, for a change, actually got build. And, for an even bigger change, it was a Disney park 'expansion' consisting of an actual expansion. The Storybook Canal Boats, Casey Jr. Train and Benelux area were all build later.

imagineer boy

While I'm obviously not a fan of the frozen land, but the rest of the expansion looks awesome! Now this is how you do a proper expansion in my view. Adding more and plussing the experience. Way to go TDL!

orlando678-

And as expected, Walt Disney World will be blow away by Tokyos announcement. Sure new fantasyland was a great thing, but people are already more exited about this. On the other hand the frozen ride in wdw didnt win the hearts of everyone. This new land in tokyo disneysea however looks amazing and is worthy for both the theme park as the franchise. Poor Epcot

mahnamahna101

Certainly looks like a bigger Beasts castle!

Also I know it's premature, but I have a feeling OLC will deliver on giving us a forest for their expansion...
So many questions about this:

Are B&TB and Alice the only two IPs getting new additions for this New Fantasyland?

Will Tomorrowland get anything?

Is DisneySea only getting Scandinavia?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom