The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Oh @MOXOMUMD That is my favorite avatar of yours yet! Dumbo is one of my favorite Disney characters; I've had a Dumbo plush that I have slept with ever since I got him on my first trip to WDW when I was five months old. Since then I've collected a LOT of Dumbo stuff! And Dumbo with his mommy is so cute. My mom used to sing "Baby Mine" when I was a baby to get me to fall asleep. This one kid who I babysit will stop crying no matter what if you sing him "Baby Mine".:happy:

And with that, I am now REALLY off to bed.

StarWarsGirl

View attachment 91083

12 days until Mother's Day. :cat:
291867e3c7cfbc877d6da1a4969c555e.jpg

Cesar R M

Another CVS is on fire. Not as bad, but someone broke in and set a fire. Ugh.

And with that, I am off to bed. Hoping things have settled by the time I'm up and going tomorrow.
I wonder, what's with their targeting hate towards CVS?
What if someone is leading the angry protesters maliciously?

I think I need to watch Castle a bit less.. conspiracy theories ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I wonder, what's with their targeting hate towards CVS?
What if someone is leading the angry protesters maliciously?

I think I need to watch Castle a bit less.. conspiracy theories ;)
There probably is some truth to that though. Many anti-gentrification groups view chain pharmacies (as well as chain grocery stores and higher end fast food retailers, like Starbucks / Chipotle, etc...) as proof of gentrification, and it could be why they have been targeted specifically with arson.

Not saying it was, but it's part of their manifesto (not kidding), and they are seen as "invaders" by some groups, taking away black jobs and shutting down black small business opportunities and raising property values, which forces many living on fixed incomes into a rough situation as their property tax increases (among other complaints / concerns).

If you haven't looked into the gentrification debate, NYC is a good place to start. They had the loudest backlash when parts of Bronx and Harlem started to "gentrify" in the mid-2000s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom