Disney workers appeal firing over sweaty costumes

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Not sure how I feel about this. They said a rack of dirty costumes got pushed up against the clean costumes during a performance. How dirty did the clean costumes get? I can't imagine they were more then slightly damp in a spot or two.

Magenta Panther

Frankly, I don't blame the performers for being squeamish, given the health scares we have right now. Disney is being petty IMO. I hope the courts will force it to provide more sanitary conditions for performers, and that the fired performers get their jobs back - if they still want them.

dadddio

Frankly, I don't blame the performers for being squeamish, given the health scares we have right now. Disney is being petty IMO. I hope the courts will force it to provide more sanitary conditions for performers, and that the fired performers get their jobs back - if they still want them.
No courts are involved. Their contract requires arbitration, instead.

The fact is, these performers get super sweaty during performances and their sweat gets on the other performers. As such, there is no additional heath issues in play because a rack of sweaty clothes accidently touched a rack of clean clothes.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Here's the thread I was looking for.. I'm really surprised this isn't getting that much attention?

As a performer, I hate it when my father mixes my costume up into the dirty costume rack after I get changed after a school show. I just hate hate hate it! It's really unsanitary, and one will only understand if they were in the situation. I completely agree with the performers.

EDIT: Although, it's not entirely clear what the situation actually is here..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom