The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

Mike S

Medium term. They've a King to tame first. And a car show to work on. But the start maybe sooner as part of phasing.
Show? Not ride? I would think they would make a F&F ride based on the scene in the Hollywood Studio Tour like what they're doing with Kong. That's what I've read on OU anyway.

Magenta Panther

And now Disney is adapting and creating Marvel stuff. Simple.

Except that most people don't see Marvel as being Disney. They're smarter than that. Marvel existed as an entertainment entity for decades before it faltered and had to be propped up by Disney money. Disney doesn't need Marvel's over-muscled mutants to attract visitors to the parks. It's still got the mojo created by Walt going for it. That's all it will ever need as far as the parks are concerned. If superheroes were so vital to a park's success, then Universal would be a stronger competitor. It isn't. Simple.

Magenta Panther

Wdw's bread and butter attractions, and the ones that were most popular for years have been completely unrelated to Disney IPs. I know I'm the minority but I loved the parks over any Disney movies for years. I really don't like many disney movies at all and I truly admired wdw as an engineering marvel.

As far as the hodge podge of IPs up the road... The hodge podge entertained the heck out of me a few months ago.

Universal is a cool place, I agree, but it's not Disney and vice-versa, and that's how it should remain. Sorry for the inconvenience. ;)

Magenta Panther

But I was just pointing out that Disney's best attractions had nothing g to do with their movies. That is for the most part very true.

Depends what you mean by "best". Splash Mountain is a very good ride. Peter Pan's Flight is ridiculously popular. And the non-movie rides, like Matterhorn and Mansion, were created in-house by the Imagineers. So they're still authentic Disney, whether they tie into a movie or not. None of the great ones were based on non-studio-generated IPs that were purchased and then shoehorned into the parks. Even the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, based on a non-Disney TV show, was originally conceived as merely a haunted Hollywood Hotel whose ride narration was originally going to be provided by Mel Brooks (odd choice, if you ask me, unless the Tower was originally supposed to have a macabre sense of humor, like the Mansion). What I'm saying is, visitors to a Disney park prefer the park to have a Disney flavor - and Marvel doesn't have that flavor. And it never will.

bhg469

Depends what you mean by "best". Splash Mountain is a very good ride. Peter Pan's Flight is ridiculously popular. And the non-movie rides, like Matterhorn and Mansion, were created in-house by the Imagineers. So they're still authentic Disney, whether they tie into a movie or not. None of the great ones were based on non-studio-generated IPs that were purchased and then shoehorned into the parks. Even the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, based on a non-Disney TV show, was originally conceived as merely a haunted Hollywood Hotel whose ride narration was originally going to be provided by Mel Brooks (odd choice, if you ask me, unless the Tower was originally supposed to have a macabre sense of humor, like the Mansion). What I'm saying is, visitors to a Disney park prefer the park to have a Disney flavor - and Marvel doesn't have that flavor. And it never will.
Peter pan is your only legitimate arguement, splash has as little to do with song of the south as possible.

mahnamahna101

Jurassic Park is pretty much boxed in. Forbidden Journey took up the other expansion plot which was conceived as a place for a Jeep ride in early plans. Would have to use Camp Jurassic or the old Triceratops trail for new attractions.
With how pathetic the Discovery Center is, you should include that as well :p

Personally, for that area of JP, I'd love to see:
Gyrosphere dark ride with aquatic exhibits (replaces Discovery Center/part of TE. Includes interactive queue and preshow)
Suspended family coaster (similar ride system as Puss in Boots USS w/ SDMT level rockwork and theming)
Interactive Raptor show/M&G (what they're already adding)

That's too bad - though I would be fine if they used those plots, too - if they built a really kick-butt ride. Wait a minute, what am I saying - duh, this is Universal, of course it would have some quality to it. Always loved the jeep concept, hope to see it on this continent someday.
To be fair, the Kong E-ticket appears to be utilizing a similar style to whatever the JP Jeep ride would have been. Something related to the Gyrospheres seems more likely at this point.

Being boxed in is a good thing. It means additions will require creativity and the layering of experiences.
Exactly! Universal needs to start adding those smaller experiences within IOA's nooks/crannies.

Camp Jurassic/Discovery Center/Triceratops plot
Front area of Toon Lagoon
Lagoon waterfront for Marvel
Sneetch Beach
Plot next to Cat
Green Eggs and Ham
Grinchmas soundstage
Area between Poseidon and Sinbad (big enough for a small flat)
Carnage warehouse/Doom
Dragon Challenge

So many underutilized spaces within the park...

Apart from the total re-do of Spider-Man?

Anyway, the islands time for change is getting close.

So Kong and the JP raptor show are the start? Nice to hear... curious to see what else UNI has planned besides a MSHI revamp

Phil12

None of the great ones were based on non-studio-generated IPs that were purchased and then shoehorned into the parks.
Both Song of the South and Peter Pan are based upon non-studio generated IP. Joel Chandler Harris and J. M. Barrie generated those pieces of IP.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom