Book a room Now...?

joanBatianagal

I am trying to decide whether to book a room for December now or in a few days. I know rooms go fast and I dont want to lose it! When you book a room package online, and you put the deposit down, if I need to change the dates in a few days, can I move the dates around but keep my reservation package??

tem325

I think to move the dates around, you'd have to call Disney and they will cancel your reservation and rebook you. When I had a trip last year, I booked POL and then it didn't qualify for free dining, so when I called to move to the CBR, she said "well, we can do that if I have a room available in that resort" so I don't think booking right now if you know you want to change it later will help you secure something for other dates.

Upvote 0

joanBatianagal

Original Poster
I think to move the dates around, you'd have to call Disney and they will cancel your reservation and rebook you. When I had a trip last year, I booked POL and then it didn't qualify for free dining, so when I called to move to the CBR, she said "well, we can do that if I have a room available in that resort" so I don't think booking right now if you know you want to change it later will help you secure something for other dates.
Would I lose my deposit? That is more important for me at the moment..

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you book online, you should be able to modify your reservation online. If you book via phone, you will need to make changes via phone. You should not lose your deposit in either case.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Worst-case scenario: in changing the reservation the CM has to cancel the first reservation and book a brand-new one, which would involve refunding the first deposit and taking a second one. Since the refund could take a couple days to credit back to your card, for a short time you'll have paid two deposits.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom