The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Oh, I was imagining you were paying the whole thing.
I mean, after seeing the 5000+ amount...
That 5K included Mike being on their reservation, with an extra DDP.
Now that it appears that Tammy probably isn't coming, I will re-jig the two reservations - transfer Mike back into my room, maybe add DDP for me, and drop the Waterparks option from our room only.

Ski's share will wind up being closer to 3K.
If he gives me $2,000, I'll pick up the rest, plus flights.

Then to make things fair, I'll give Son #1 approx. $1800 for his NYC trip in the fall.

Despite the occasional bout of jerkiness, Son #2 is slowly becoming human again. He actually hangs out in the living room most evenings for a bit. He pretends it's to play with the cats, but mostly he's just chit-chatting with me.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

StarWarsGirl

@StarWarsGirl95 I hope you're not going into the city tonight.
Nope. I have work tonight on campus, and there's absolutely nothing happening here (not that I would expect anything to happen). Then I take backroads home and will be nowhere near the violence.

I am very concerned about going over to my other school tomorrow. It's much closer to some of the violence. I'll ask my friends who go to that school if there seemed to be any unrest and keep an eye on police reports and campus communications before making a decision.

All this is happening way too close for comfort. It's sad; it's accomplishing absolutely nothing other than disturbing the peace and people who can literally do nothing about it.

If this is all still happening after finals are done, maybe an impromptu Disney trip would be in order.

Lucky

Interesting. I got an email from my TA that she had called Disney this morning, and that our trip was not eligible.

Following the link keeps yielding this:
View attachment 91056
I'd try calling directly to find out, if she can't tell you why it's not eligible. If CSR's promo inventory sold out for those dates you could try Caribbean Beach, or even AKL or WL - they're way less expensive than the other deluxes.

MOXOMUMD

Nope. I have work tonight on campus, and there's absolutely nothing happening here (not that I would expect anything to happen). Then I take backroads home and will be nowhere near the violence.

I am very concerned about going over to my other school tomorrow. It's much closer to some of the violence. I'll ask my friends who go to that school if there seemed to be any unrest and keep an eye on police reports and campus communications before making a decision.

All this is happening way too close for comfort. It's sad; it's accomplishing absolutely nothing other than disturbing the peace and people who can literally do nothing about it.

If this is all still happening after finals are done, maybe an impromptu Disney trip would be in order.
I feel bad for the employees of that CVS. If I was working I'd tell them take what you want, I'm leaving out the delivery door and run for it.

StarWarsGirl

I feel bad for the employees of that CVS. If I was working I'd tell them take what you want, I'm leaving out the delivery door and run for it.
I was just watching that on the news. Went to turn on Ellen in the commuter lounge and got the news instead. Crazy. I almost cried when I saw the CVS and the police vehicles on fire

I'm worried about my aunt and uncle. They live in the city and are both residents at Hopkins. I'm hoping that they are either with my grandparents or staying at the hospital. I'm also worried because one of our family friends is a county police officer. At this point, I think the National Guard needs to be called in. I don't see any other options

I wish I were in Disney right now.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Okay, here we go:
3 people in one room w/DDP, 10 day PH + WP = $5158.38
2 people in another room, NO DDP, 10 day PH + WP = $2712.10

vs
2 people in one King room, free DDP, 10 day PH = $3375.76 x 2

Yup, I'll be stopping in at CAA tomorrow.

image.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I was just watching that on the news. Went to turn on Ellen in the commuter lounge and got the news instead. Crazy. I almost cried when I saw the CVS and the police vehicles on fire

I'm worried about my aunt and uncle. They live in the city and are both residents at Hopkins. I'm hoping that they are either with my grandparents or staying at the hospital. I'm also worried because one of our family friends is a county police officer. At this point, I think the National Guard needs to be called in. I don't see any other options

I wish I were in Disney right now.
I wish you were in Disney right now too.
Stay safe.

StarWarsGirl

Statement From Governor Larry Hogan On Violence In Baltimore City
ANNAPOLIS, MD - Governor Larry Hogan is closely monitoring the situation in Baltimore City and has been in contact with Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake office to provide the city with whatever resources are required. The Maryland State Police have been dispatched in a supporting role on the ground, as well as other resources and equipment from various state agencies.
"Today’s looting and acts of violence in Baltimore will not be tolerated. In response, I have put the Maryland National Guard on alert so they can be in position to deploy rapidly as needed. I strongly condemn the actions of the offenders who are engaged in direct attacks against innocent civilians, businesses and law enforcement officers. There is a significant difference between protesting and violence and those committing these acts will be prosecuted under the fullest extent of the law.
"My thoughts and prayers go out to the men and women in uniform who are actively working to stem this violence and several who been injured in the line of duty. These malicious attacks against law enforcement and local communities only betray the cause of peaceful citizens seeking answers and justice following the death of Freddie Gray."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom