Free Dining 2015?

WedwayPM

Well, good news..I got Free Dining at my resort. Bad news, had to move my dates earlier so I lose all my current dining reservations. Argh...

Evil Genius

Our dear friend who is also our travel agent sat with four phones today trying to get through for us along with her normal clients. I think she's still fighting it, but she did get ours done!

wdwfamily08

After reading everyone's experiences so far today I am really thankful that I was able to get through quickly first thing this morning! I was disappointed however because we were unable to get our first choice CBR for the rooms accommodating 5. Even at 7:10 this morning the only rooms left were the pirate rooms for our Nov. dates. We ended up with 2 rooms at Pop and upgraded to regular dining, costing us a little more than if we could have got the one room at the CBR. On a side note I do believe this is my very first post even though I have been reading for years! I thank everyone for always giving great tips! Good luck today:)

draybook

@PrincessNelly_NJ , @akayw0718 hit the nail on the head. Ok, so FD holds a certain amount of rooms in each category at every resort. Well, bounce back rooms would count as regular rooms so FD rooms wouldn't count against those regular rooms. So as long as regular rooms aren't booked up at the resort we want to switch to then we should be okay.

PrincessNelly_NJ

@PrincessNelly_NJ , @akayw0718 hit the nail on the head. Ok, so FD holds a certain amount of rooms in each category at every resort. Well, bounce back rooms would count as regular rooms so FD rooms wouldn't count against those regular rooms. So as long as regular rooms aren't booked up at the resort we want to switch to then we should be okay.
This is good to know, I have been waiting for free dining to release to decide whether or not to switch from CBR to FQ with my bounce back.

jengrey

I hope it works out for you. I think Riverside still has preferred rooms and royal rooms available.

Thanks! I'm still waiting to hear back from the travel agency. I'm sure they are swamped! I've been trying to call Disney to see if I could modify it through them, but I either get a busy signal or "all circuits are busy". I guess I'll just be patient!

Carlos Enriquez

I called today to get free dining and i did. I got the quick service and asked if i could upgrade to the regular dining and the person' s response was no and if i did i would have to pay full price. I thought you can upgrade the dining and pay the difference , is this still possible?

pajammies

Carlos- Last I checked (this morning) Yes, you should be able to upgrade. From quick service to regular dining, the upgrade price is around $18.00 per adult/per night.

firecatgirl

At lunch i went online and booked (even though I already had one since January I just couldn't get anything but a busy signal) so booked and got confirmation email but it stated QS plan (which wasnt checked the regular dining plan is what was checked and it's WL) still couldn't get thru at lunch to confirm, finally home from work and lines are still busy. Did a disney chat and the lady told me im not the first one saying it's showing up as QS but basically not to worry as WL only offers the regular dining plan (and up)
finally got the phone to ring and the wait is about 2 hours still :( would you wait on the phone or just wait til the lines are less busy.
online the reservations says (which leads me to belive it is the regular dining? this is how it's worded on our orginal reservation too)
Disney's Wilderness Lodge MYW Pkg + FREE Dining 2 Adults, 2 Children Dining Plan: 2015 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2015 Quick Service Meals, 2015 Table Service Meals - Child

joanBatianagal

Which is more worth it? The quick service dining plan or the disney dining plan and why? What have your experiences shown? In the past my family purchased the delux dining plan and man was it too much! Tell me your thought and experiences, I am trying to book a vacation in December...

CaptainAmerica

Which is more worth it? The quick service dining plan or the disney dining plan and why? What have your experiences shown? In the past my family purchased the delux dining plan and man was it too much! Tell me your thought and experiences, I am trying to book a vacation in December...
Neither one is particularly "worth it" unless you use every single credit without forcing yourself and you order the most expensive menu items at each meal. I find it much less stressful to just order what I'm hungry for rather than spend my whole trip trying to "beat" the dining plan.

ninjaprincesst

I called today to get free dining and i did. I got the quick service and asked if i could upgrade to the regular dining and the person' s response was no and if i did i would have to pay full price. I thought you can upgrade the dining and pay the difference , is this still possible?
Yes, it is possible. The person you talked to was misinformed. I know several people who have done it today.

joanBatianagal

Neither one is particularly "worth it" unless you use every single credit without forcing yourself and you order the most expensive menu items at each meal. I find it much less stressful to just order what I'm hungry for rather than spend my whole trip trying to "beat" the dining plan.
That was the big problem I found with the delux dining plan...never again. However, after pricing a room/ticket package w/o the offer and then again with the offer, both came out to the same price. So why not get some food?...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom