Pre-Trip Once Upon A Dream with Mom and Maddie

I walked with you once upon a dream.
~ Sleeping Beauty

Ever since we returned from our first visit in February of 2014 we have been dreaming of our next trip to Walt Disney World. We had the best vacation ever!

Yesterday I booked our next Disney World vacation April 19 - April 26, 2015 staying at Art of Animation - Little Mermaid!

Current Plans:
Sunday, April 19 - Arrival Day, Check into AoA, Pool Time and Downtown Disney
Monday, April 20 - Epcot, Explore Flower and Garden
Tuesday, April 21 - Magic Kingdom, Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian
Wednesday, April 22 - Magic Kingdom in the morning, Be Our Guest Lunch and hop over to Epcot in the late afternoon/early evening.
Thursday, April 23 - Animal Kingdom in the morning, Epcot and Boardwalk in the late afternoon/early evening. Dinner at Beaches and Cream.
Friday, April 24 - Magic Kingdom in the morning and Hollywood Studios in the afternoon.
Saturday, April 25 - Epcot in the morning, Hop over to Magic Kingdom to say goodbye to the castle, Downtown Disney in the late afternoon and Swim/Pack in the evening.
Sunday, April 26 - Departure Day :cry:

Can you tell Magic Kingdom and Epcot are our favorites?

2015 Trip Bucket List:
Fantasmic - HS
Festival of Fantasy Parade - MK
Festival of The Lion King - AK
Wishes - MK
IllumNations - EP
The Nemo Show - AK
Safari - AK
7 Dwarf's Mine Train - MK
Splash Mtn - MK
Test Track - EP
Ride the Monorail from MK to Epcot
Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian
Visit the Boardwalk
Eat a Macaroon in France

I am sure I will be adding to the bucket list as we get closer. ;)

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Today we hit the 180 day mark! Dining Reservation Time!
I changed up our plans a little bit and made two extra dining reservations this morning. Here is what we've got...

4/21 - Be Our Guest (early dinner) - I decided to book this in case we can't get a FP+ for lunch
4/22 - Afternoon Tea @ Garden View Team Room in the GF
4/23 - Beaches and Cream (dinner)
4/24 - 50's Prime Time Café' (dinner) - Surprise for my daughter as she really liked it last year

The rest of the time we will eat on the fly as that is what my daughter prefers.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Paid in full! Making FP+ selections on Wednesday since we hit the 60 day mark. Getting very excited!!!! I will post updated plans after Wednesday in case anyone finds my planning helpful.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Please keep in mind that we do not do thrill rides so that is why you won't see many of them in our FP+ selections. We are going to attempt Test Track and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Updated Current Plans:
Sunday, April 19 - Arrival Day, Check into AoA, Pool Time and Downtown Disney :happy:
Monday, April 20 - Epcot, Explore Flower and Garden and Hollywood Studios for evening EMH to watch Fantasmic
FP+ Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo & Friends and Living with the Land
Tuesday, April 21 - Magic Kingdom, Festival of Fantasy Parade, Dinner at Be Our Guest
FP+ Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan's Flight
Wednesday, April 22 - Magic Kingdom in the morning, Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian and Epcot in the evening for IllumiNations
FP+ Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Thursday, April 23 - Animal Kingdom in the morning, Epcot and Boardwalk in the early evening and Dinner at Beaches and Cream
FP+ Kilimanjaro Safaris, Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo - The Musical
Friday, April 24 - Hollywood Studios in the morning and Magic Kingdom in the evening to watch the Main Street Electrical Light Parade and Wishes
FP+ Toy Story Midway Mania, Voyage of The Little Mermaid and Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Saturday, April 25 - Epcot in the morning, Lunch at Via Napoli, Downtown Disney in the late afternoon and Swim/Pack in the evening
FP+ Spaceship Earth, Test Track and Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Sunday, April 26 - Departure Day :cry:

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Sounds like a lot of fun!
No meet and greets planned?
My daughter isn't a big fan of the characters, she is 11. We met a few during our last trip and did a character dinner but she didn't enjoy it. I met Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Aurora and Cinderella on my own last trip. However, she did love Duffy so we will most likely meet him again. She has mentioned that she wants to meet Mexican Donald too. We are doing the Frozen Sing-Along for me because she has no desire to see it. She loves Disney but the characters just freak her out. I think it is because she knows it is an illusion.

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Nice choice of FP+! And I understand you daugthers feelings about the characters completely, although it is a very nice illusion :) Still enjoy the pre feelings!

mrdrift

It doesn't matter if you like thrill rides or not spending time at Disney and having a wonderful time with whatever you do is all that matters. I think the fast pass selections are going to be fun. Following along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom