Space mountain is being repainted

Monorail_Red_77

Unfortunately, I think all those ropes and flags are permanent. :(

Yes, They are showing up all over property. Was just at America Pavilion quick service restaurant and the skylight in the middle has nasty caution yellow poles all around the roof and are visible from within the restaurant. I guess they are so that the cast members on the roof don't fall through the skylight when the Yeti picks them up and starts tossing them around. :happy:

ToTBellHop

Not difficult is it?

Of course removing the god awful exit gift shop roof would actually allow you to see the lighting effect too.
It is pretty hideous...I'm shocked that the Space refurb didn't include a new lighting package. Tomorrowland has pretty cool lighting. A new lighting show on Space along with the unused PeopleMover lighting would have really livened up the area at night (more than a #DanceParty).

Rob562

Yes, They are showing up all over property. Was just at America Pavilion quick service restaurant and the skylight in the middle has nasty caution yellow poles all around the roof and are visible from within the restaurant. I guess they are so that the cast members on the roof don't fall through the skylight when the Yeti picks them up and starts tossing them around. :happy:

aka the OSHA anti-fall guidelines for anyone working on a roof with the chance of falling over the edge (or through a skylight as happened a number of times on snow-covered roofs here in New England this winter).

-Rob

Monorail_Red_77

aka the OSHA anti-fall guidelines for anyone working on a roof with the chance of falling over the edge (or through a skylight as happened a number of times on snow-covered roofs here in New England this winter).

-Rob

Yes, I know their purpose. I agree it is an important safety feature to have. It just stinks that they cannot move them back just a bit so that are not as easily seen from guest level. They really started popping up all over property within this past year or so. I just think that the imagineers could have worked some magic on them so that they are not as visible. Though I'm sure they are were not willing to pay the increased cost of all of the re-engineering of the roof lines. They are very noticeable.

Rob562

Yes, I know their purpose. I agree it is an important safety feature to have. It just stinks that they cannot move them back just a bit so that are not as easily seen from guest level. They really started popping up all over property within this past year or so. I just think that the imagineers could have worked some magic on them so that they are not as visible. Though I'm sure they are were not willing to pay the increased cost of all of the re-engineering of the roof lines. They are very noticeable.

I'm sure in some places they're working on installing either anti-fall arrestors for use with harnesses or perhaps even pop-up railings that hide away, but there are a LOT of roofs in WDW and they've probably prioritized which ones get dealt with first.

Railings and/or anti-fall systems also have structural requirements that may require additional support-work within the building's structure that needs to be planned out and/or budgeted. (If there isn't a support-point that can safely handle a shock load of stopping a falling 250-pound person, they need to figure out how to build one into an existing structure)

-Rob

gmajew

Premium Member
I'm sure in some places they're working on installing either anti-fall arrestors for use with harnesses or perhaps even pop-up railings that hide away, but there are a LOT of roofs in WDW and they've probably prioritized which ones get dealt with first.

Railings and/or anti-fall systems also have structural requirements that may require additional support-work within the building's structure that needs to be planned out and/or budgeted. (If there isn't a support-point that can safely handle a shock load of stopping a falling 250-pound person, they need to figure out how to build one into an existing structure)

-Rob

They got in trouble from OHSA from what other said and had to install all these stupid things by a deadline to avoid fines. We had to do the same type of thing in one of my buildings. I had to do a temp fix until the railing was able to be ordered and installed. Hopefully it is just temp until the perm structures can be put in place.

Funny it was fine for 50 years but now you need to make changes Government at work.

Monorail_Red_77

Would be cool if they could sync up the lights to the TTA trains. So that each car had their own color that followed them on the route. Would be like a rainbow tunnel 2.0 Kinda like a throwback to Imagination Pavilion. Though I'm sure someone on the ground would probably pass out or faint due to the color changes or at least try to get something free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom