Boma

Tinkerkelle

Original Poster
Having resolved my Kitchen Sink dilemma (another thread!!) we now have one more TS ADR to make. We want to try new places and were thinking this would be a great time to try Boma after we finish at AK for the day. The menu has a list of items that says it is on rotation. For those who have been, what offerings were there when you were there? My husband was salivating at the pictures of the strip steak and roast chicken. I'm interested in dessert options.
Food, glorious food!!

Tinkerkelle

Original Poster
Strip steak and chicken is a permanent item, so will be there on your visit.

The ribs are an item that tend to be on a rotation.

Hadn't noticed a mention of ribs but the 11 year old would be in heaven if they were there but loves roast chicken too. Thanks!

JohnD

ADR made for 4:30 on Oct 11th. I will be the one balancing multiple plates of EVERYTHING!! :hungry:

You gave me a wonderful idea. I already have a breakfast ADR at Rainforest Cafe (Boma is great for breakfast too!) but haven't yet had dinner at Boma. I have one day already devoted to AK with a dessert Illuminations Party in Epcot. Had a dinner ADR for Yak and Yetti. But Boma might be better being a buffet.

Then it's a matter of bus to AKL from AK then bus to Epcot from AKL.

Tinkerkelle

Original Poster
You don't have to get everything in one trip ya know.........;)

But it all looks so good. How do I choose? Better not to take any chances and just try everything - rude not to! :)

You gave me a wonderful idea. I already have a breakfast ADR at Rainforest Cafe (Boma is great for breakfast too!) but haven't yet had dinner at Boma. I have one day already devoted to AK with a dessert Illuminations Party in Epcot. Had a dinner ADR for Yak and Yetti. But Boma might be better being a buffet.

Sounds like an excellent plan and those links above to the food... I'm VERY happy with my new plan!!:joyfull: We'll be heading to DTD after to walk off the many plates sampled.

Thanks everyone for your advice. Feeling very pleased with myself - I love it when a plan comes together!

epcotisbest

But it all looks so good. How do I choose? Better not to take any chances and just try everything - rude not to! :)

Sounds like an excellent plan and those links above to the food... I'm VERY happy with my new plan!!:joyfull: We'll be heading to DTD after to walk off the many plates sampled.

Thanks everyone for your advice. Feeling very pleased with myself - I love it when a plan comes together!
I always start out with a plate of small servings of lots of different things, then on subsequent trips it is easier to choose seconds, thirds....but save room for multiple servings of the desserts. It is easy to over do it with zebra domes, but there are other goodies worth trying for dessert as well. Also, make sure to sample the Multigawny Soup. My wife now makes it at home...crazy good.

bee

If it's possible, may I recommend a lighter meal than Boma before the Illuminations Party? I've been to the party twice now and both times really tried to eat light (sharing snacks for lunch basically) but was way too full to fully (ha) enjoy the desserts. Unless, of course, you're not a big eater even at a buffet?

JohnD

If it's possible, may I recommend a lighter meal than Boma before the Illuminations Party? I've been to the party twice now and both times really tried to eat light (sharing snacks for lunch basically) but was way too full to fully (ha) enjoy the desserts. Unless, of course, you're not a big eater even at a buffet?

I might just go directly to Epcot and grab something from an outdoor kitchen. If not this time, then Boma for dinner at some point.

UncleMike101

I always start out with a plate of small servings of lots of different things, then on subsequent trips it is easier to choose seconds, thirds....but save room for multiple servings of the desserts. It is easy to over do it with zebra domes, but there are other goodies worth trying for dessert as well. Also, make sure to sample the Multigawny Soup. My wife now makes it at home...crazy good.
I always start with the Lentil/sausage soup.
It sets the stage for the rest of the meal.
A few vegies and lots of MEAT!!!
The pork, beef, and chicken will be first then any sundry other proteins that pique my interest.
Since Boma is our last stop of the day I can afford to let the main course settle before I attack the sweets....:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom