Game of Thrones - Season 5

Tony Perkis

Good episode....very much set up a season's worth of plot, so I don't think the value of this episode will be judged until a bit of payoff in later episodes.

The best HBO show last night was VEEP.

Last edited:

OSUgirl77

Original Poster
Varys and Tyrion need to pick up the pace if they want to find a potential ruler of Westeros waiting for them in Meereen.
I was thinking the same thing. I was happy to have Arya back last night too. As @Tony Perkis alluded to, things are a little slow right now, but I was warned that would happen this season. I never got around to reading the books, and have chosen not to until after the show ends, so I don't really know what's going to happen.

acishere

I was thinking the same thing. I was happy to have Arya back last night too. As @Tony Perkis alluded to, things are a little slow right now, but I was warned that would happen this season. I never got around to reading the books, and have chosen not to until after the show ends, so I don't really know what's going to happen.
My "to read" list has gotten a little out of control the last couple years. So I haven't gotten around to reading the books either. Just have no time to read such a big series right now.

OSUgirl77

Original Poster
My "to read" list has gotten a little out of control the last couple years. So I haven't gotten around to reading the books either. Just have no time to read such a big series right now.
Same here. I have every intention of reading them at some point...whether or not I actually do is another story.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I listened to all the books after watching season one. The last two books (they are adapting them for this season) are weird because it's one story split in half. You get the same time period but each book only has half the characters in it.

The Varys and Tyrion team up is not in the books so no clue what will end up happening there. Everything with Brianne is not in the books either. It's getting very interesting right now doesn't matter if you read the books or not they are changing things up.

acishere

Just when I thought Sansa's story couldn't get any more depressing...

And it took 5 seasons, but Jon Snow is finally an interesting character!

Plus, Jorah is back. With a new plan to get out of the friendzone with Dany exile. Probably not going to work.

OSUgirl77

Original Poster
I really didn't like Jon Snow's character or storyline for most of the show. He started to grow on me last season and, after last night, he might be turning into one of my favorites along with Arya and Tyrion.

I hope Sansa gets her chance to eliminate some people like Arya did. It would only be right after what her character has been through.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Jon Snow is a book favorite because you get to see what he is thinking but it doesn't translate well on screen. I'm dying to know what happens with Sansa as she does not get anywhere new the Boltons or Winterfell in the books. It's completely new territory.

acishere

I'm dying to know what happens with Sansa as she does not get anywhere new the Boltons or Winterfell in the books.
I read that they ran out of book material for her. If that is true I wonder whether they are just totally making an original storyline for the show or just working off notes from Martin's upcoming books.

At a certain point the tables are going to turn on the people who prefer to read the books first. The TV people are going to be the ones with all the spoilers! Finally get to tease the book readers and make them fear every chapter involving a wedding! :devilish:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom