airplane bathroom question

daisyduckie

Original Poster
This is the first thing I have not been able to youtube to find the answer. How do the bathroom doors on most Delta planes open? If I remember right they kind of accordian open? Do you pull them towards you, or do they fold in? And you just do the reverse to get out?

The last time I used the lavatory during a flight I struggled with the door. :oops::arghh::oops: Felt like an idiot too. So I'm hoping to not have a repeat. I now am paranoid I'm going to get stuck inside too. :bawling:

daisyduckie

Original Poster
No, I'm not offended. Everyone in my family has a weird little quirk. My sister can't open the plastic bags for produce at the grocery store. I struggle with airline restroom doors.:p

Weather_Lady

We often fly on JetBlue Airbus 320s. Their lav doors are standard, hinged doors with a very simple sliding lever.

I know what you mean about difficulty with doors, though -- I was recently on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner (Norwegian Air) where the door swiveled from both sides and turned sideways to allow you to enter, meaning you had to push the handle-side of the door forward and then abruptly left and back toward you, as the door pivoted. It took me at least 30 seconds to get in, and a full minute to strong-arm my way out! It was the longest minute of my life! ;)

Mouse_Trap

The vast majority are either regular doors or the concertina in the middle, depends on aircraft type, configuration and location.

Don't worry about getting stuck in, the flight attendants can always open them from outside.

I can't remember 100%, it's not something I've ever really thought about, but I think it's generally push to enter and pull to exit.

slappy magoo

I can't remember 100%, it's not something I've ever really thought about, but I think it's generally push to enter and pull to exit.

I believe this is to afford the person inside the maximum amount of privacy. If the doors could be pulled open, then anyone outside feeling mischievous or worse can rip it open when someone's inside. But since the rooms are so small, pushing the door open open from the outside would be difficult if someone is sitting there using it. Plus, the occupant could use their own foot as a brace and keep someone from opening it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom