Pre-Trip Family reunion in December

Awhile ago free dining was on offer for UK guests and my family booked several rooms at WL for a family reunion for 11 nights in December. My family is spread across Europe and Australia and this will be the first reunion in 20 years.
I paid my £50 deposit but wasn't sure if A. I could afford to go and B. If I wanted to go.
I don't enjoy large groups and although I like some members of my extended family I don't care for all of them. Because WL is so expensive I would have to share my room with 3 other people, only one of them I really like. Even sharing and with free dining it is still isn't cheap and I need to pay for my flight as well.
I decided to postpone making my decision untill I actually had the money to go. I have been renting out my flat in London while I am away for work (about 4 months out of the year) to tourists so now I can afford to go.
I have thought about getting a room at All Star but have been told by immediate family that that would be inexcusable impolite also I wouldn't get free dining so would have to pay o.o.p. for all the family meals.
Even with all the negatives it is still DISNEY at CHRISTMAS time and some of the people going I love dearly. So I decided to go. I am hesitant about staying in a Delux, what if I like it much better than Value? And I am nervous with how I will cope with such a big group, quite a few have never been to WDW and some people are coming just for the reunion and are not even excited about WDW. (Don't get these people)
I am helping with planning meals etc. and am in charge of getting ADR when we hit the 180mark.
I do plan to "sneak out" by myself a few mornings and meet up with the family later in the day as I can't handle my family for 10 full days without some me time.

Last edited:

mrdrift

Congrats on the trip decision. I would agree to have some alone time for yourself if you can manage it. I wish I could take my family during Christmas time, on my bucket list. Enjoy all the planning for the reunion group. Following along.

Courtney6682

Ughhh...I feel bad for you because it sucks to haven even the slightest damper put on a Disney trip...but I do think u made the right decision by deciding to go...like you said...Disney at Christmas! Hopefully it all works out for you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom