Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

In a way, you're all correct. Repetition is a very common comedic technique. In fact, some things wouldn't be funny at all without the repetition. However, it can be especially annoying if it does not tickle one's funny bone. As a result it can lead to direct antagonism. Mr. Navigator is legitimately annoyed at Mr. Crowner's joke, but Mr. Crowner's joke relies on the repetition and the fact it is supposed to be inherently annoying. So, I suppose, the solution in this case would be to scan or just skip any post of Mr. Crowner's if you are Mr. Navigator.
But I can't because Mr. Crowner harasses me with this "humor" when I am busy not working at my place of work! If you found Dane Cook's humor to be less than humorous, could you ignore him if he kept appearing over the stall door in the restroom?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
But I can't because Mr. Crowner harasses me with this "humor" when I am busy not working at my place of work! If you found Dane Cook's humor to be less than humorous, could you ignore him if he kept appearing over the stall door in the restroom?
Or, you know, you could just avail yourself of the "ignore" feature.
It works wonders. :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

This was pretty humorous.

MagicHappens1971

Any updated pictures? How is the central Hub progressing around Walt and Mickey?
I didn't take any pictures, but I was just there this past thursday, and out of the four flower areas surronding Walt & Mickey one of them was open. The Castle Turrets are still in the same stage they were, covered by a fabric that looks like a tree, and the taller things are covered in black tarp.

betty rose

I didn't take any pictures, but I was just there this past thursday, and out of the four flower areas surronding Walt & Mickey one of them was open. The Castle Turrets are still in the same stage they were, covered by a fabric that looks like a tree, and the taller things are covered in black tarp.
Is that all the new tree's we are going to get?;)

SpaceMountain75

I'm still hoping they remove the ugly lighting towers in front of the gardens. The video shows the hub without them, and it does so much to improve the look of the area.

SpaceMountain75

They're not removing the lights and they are in the video.
I didn't mean the lights with the speakers built in, I meant the big ones on the black poles. Which one were you referring to?
EDIT:
Okay, I see the big black lighting poles are in the east planters, just not in front of the fountains, of which I was referring to.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...

The people commenting on the video about the Hub upgrades are more vicious then most of the posters here

You're right...they are. Wow.

Though, the Tokyo observation many made is valid.

I still think this one wins the cake.

“They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.”

That said, I actually support the Hub overhaul so far, and will reserve judgement to when I can see it in person.

RAXIP

I didn't mean the lights with the speakers built in, I meant the big ones on the black poles. Which one were you referring to?
EDIT:
Okay, I see the big black lighting poles are in the east planters, just not in front of the fountains, of which I was referring to.
hub lights 2.jpg

PREMiERdrum

After seeing the offending rigs in person last week, I have to believe that they are temporary in at least some respects. That level of visibly shoddy installation, including the cable runs and utility boxes, would be inexcusable for a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park. The poles themselves look to be permanent, but the tech work at the top *has* to be redressed or at least cleaned up before the project is complete. Right? RIGHT?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
After seeing the offending rigs in person last week, I have to believe that they are temporary in at least some respects. That level of visibly shoddy installation, including the cable runs and utility boxes, would be inexcusable for a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park. The poles themselves look to be permanent, but the tech work at the top *has* to be redressed or at least cleaned up before the project is complete. Right? RIGHT?

This is WDW that tech work is PERMANENT, It's been a long time since WDW cared about sightlines etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom