A Spirited Perfect Ten

hopemax

OK, what presence did Miramax have in Disney P&R?

Are we not counting the Great Movie Ride and Shakespeare in Love & Chicago? But I don't remember when they updated the finale, and I don't remember if there are any other Miramax appearances in the finale. And they had Judi Dench's dress for Shakespeare in Love in the queue too.

PS. I know your intent, but I was curious if there was Miramax somewhere, and that's what popped up in my quickie search.

Also, in other forums we used to talk about the difference in shorthand: Disney vs ©Disney

Cesar R M

Not predictions, I even linked to the article.
then the movie seems to be doing very nice worldwide.
Still not open on my cinema yet.. but its usually quiet, except when its something like fast and furious.. or The Avengers.
Except when Disney does things like essentially pull Marvel from ComicCon San Diego in favor of the D23 Expo.
which is a stupid move...

comicon is huge.. and Marvel is one of the cores in the comics industry.

AEfx

which is a stupid move...

comicon is huge.. and Marvel is one of the cores in the comics industry.

To be fair...ComicCon hasn't been about comics for a couple of decades, and Hollywood in general has been pulling away from ComicCon - yes, some key films go there, there are always some panels - but over the past few years it's changed significantly from the heyday circa 2010. Films only go there when they "need" the buzz, really.

The bloom is pretty much off the rose when it comes to ComicCon - it's turned into nothing but a major merchandising event. If you listen to most folks who go, they spend four days standing in endless, hours and hours long lines for the chance to buy a limited edition toy that may or may not be there when they get to the front of the line, that in most cases they are just gonna flip on eBay anyway.

Cesar R M

Fortunately for me, I really don't care what Wall Street thinks - I like good movies, and Disney is releasing them now, and raking in 100's of millions of dollars doing so which ensures we'll continue to get those films.

That's the definition of "WINNING!"
You dont mean this winning right?
ZZKHUcg.jpg

stevehousse

@WDW1974 while on the topic, anyone else catch the push notification from their ESPN app on Friday? You know since Bruce Jenner was an athlete they had a perfect opening to push the ABC interview.

That was a really good interview. Plain and simple. Even if you don't like the kardashians or him in general, he was so honest and forthcoming, it was so interesting to watch. I don't know anyone who watched it and didn't like it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Id honestly buy it for the figurines.
I seen some photos of them.. they look really well. (as long you dont get a counterfeit or defective one lol)
The fact they tied figurines to a video game, successfully, is epic in and of itself. It has been tried time and again, with little success...but Disney saw it through and it worked far better than any of the prior attempts.

As I said, my kiddo loves the game, and a cheap and easy present for her come the holidays are a few figurines (I, however, still have not played the game, and have no idea what it's all about).

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Just gonna put this here.....

Don't expect a WDW Star Wars announcement at D23.
They don't need one, they have all they hype they could want after Celebration.

I suspect they'll wait until after the (quite promising) box office results come in before they commit to any expansions...but, I think for HS they are getting ready for it. I'm not the only one in that corner.

Cesar R M

Yeah, Feige actually had an interview that is floating online directly addressing these topics. Basically, they are going for a very young (high school age) Peter Parker and are not doing an origin story. They want to explore a lot of the early years SM stories, like him balancing school, work (photos for the Bugle), romance, fighting crime, being bullied, etc.

Feige just "gets it" when it comes to the characters. When you hear him talk about it, it's like he's talking to comic book fans directly and saying "We can see where Sony screwed up and we're gonna do it right this time".
to resume, they're doing the ultimate animated version in live action?
because that is the cartoon network version so far. (Ps, I also love the young Nova, both cartoon and comics)

Cesar R M

The fact they tied figurines to a video game, successfully, is epic in and of itself. It has been tried time and again, with little success...but Disney saw it through and it worked far better than any of the prior attempts.

As I said, my kiddo loves the game, and a cheap and easy present for her come the holidays are a few figurines (I, however, still have not played the game, and have no idea what it's all about).
they pretty much designed an interactive real working "pokemon" type collectible imho.
tying the game.. with active collectible unlockables.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
they pretty much designed an interactive real working "pokemon" type collectible imho.
tying the game.. with active collectible unlockables.
They weren't the first, but they were the first that caught on more than a year or two "meme" that kids were attracted to.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Spirit can sluff it off as a "neckbeard" thing, but reality is, most of those toys are sold to kids who adore the game. Yeah, some of them may have fanboi parents pushing certain aspects of it, but the fan base isn't that diverse.

The reality is that kids love the game, they love the toys, and the "fanboi" reaction is a minimal factor to the game's success.

My kiddo, for example, is 10, and adores the game, and has for a few years. Her uncle, who is 4 years older, loved it until recently, when he decided it wasn't cool (now I have to get him stuff like shoes and things)...

As I said, I've never played it, so I really can't comment on much outside of the fact that they enjoy it.

PhotoDave219

They don't need one, they have all they hype they could want after Celebration.

I suspect they'll wait until after the (quite promising) box office results come in before they commit to any expansions...but, I think for HS they are getting ready for it. I'm not the only one in that corner.

California will be announced first.

And your assumptions are -still- the same things I'm hearing.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
California will be announced first.

And your assumptions are -still- the same things I'm hearing.
The closures at HS without an immediate development gives too much away.

I really don't think DLR is gonna see the best of it, but they'll try stuff out. Toontown makes sense (not the plot I'd have chosen, but 74 mentioned it, and that makes sense)...

But, HS, for them, regarding Star Wars is largely a blank slate now that 1/3 of the park has basically been shut down with the Backlot Tour going away.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom