What are the very best restaurants in both Universal Parks?

sublimesting

Original Poster
We are going for 4 days this fall and will be eating out once per day.
My wife read somewhere that Mythos id the best. There's no way to talk her out of hat if it isn't, so I need 3 more!

zbsigpi

All depends on what you are looking for Full Service, Quick Service, Fast Food, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
My favorite restaurants are:
IOA - Mythos, Confiscos Grill, Thunder Falls Terrace
US - Finnegans
City Walk - Emerils, Margaritaville
Hotels - Jakes, Tchoup Chop, Orchid Court, Palm

When we are there it is normally a quick grab and go for breakfast so I cannot give any suggestions there. Lunch varies but most of the time we choose a quick service (Confisco or Finnegans) and dinner most of the time a full service restaurant (depending on what we are hungry for) - Happy it is not like WDW with the need for ADR months in advance.
There are some great restaurants, if it is just the two of you for an evening try Emerils (expensive but food is great and service is spot on).
Keep in mind Mythos is only open as long as IOA is, and most of the time their last seating is significantly earlier than that.
Hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy!

Knothead

Antojitos in CityWalk is worth a stop too. The food is great and their rocks margaritas are amazing (if a bit pricey). Nice atmosphere too.

Jahona

When I went last year me and the friends I was traveling with really enjoyed Vivo Italian Kitchen outside at city walk.

As for inside the parks, we only really ate at Thunder Falls at Islands of Adventure and it wasn't bad. Decent quick service.

RobBlock

Just got back from 5 days/4 nights. I'd have to say that everywhere we ate exceeded my expectations. We stayed at Portofino Bay and ate there two nights. One night dinner at Mythos was very good and very reasonable. One night we got the Cinematic Spectacular package which included dinner at Lombards. I would highly recommend this if you are interested in seeing the show. Had lunch one day at the Hard Rock in citywalk and had a great burger.

BrianV

All depends on what you are looking for Full Service, Quick Service, Fast Food, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
My favorite restaurants are:
IOA - Mythos, Confiscos Grill, Thunder Falls Terrace
US - Finnegans
City Walk - Emerils, Margaritaville
Hotels - Jakes, Tchoup Chop, Orchid Court, Palm

Agree mostly. Mythos and finnegans were both great. Confisco grill, in our opinion, is meh.

Love tchoup chop and margaritaville too.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fast Food Boulevard. It's a bright, fun quick service option, with variety, great theming, and iconic food.
No, it's not as tasty as Leaky Cauldron, but it's a good alternative for those who are Pottered out.

JoeCamel

If you want quick you can do FFB. Chicken and Waffles is OK but for the best in the park look to other options unless you want overpriced fast food.

PinnySmart

Mythos is a must do for me and I really enjoy 3 Broomsticks and Leaky Caldron. I tend to stay away for UOR's quick service burgers but other than that the food is not bad at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom