Condor Flats becoming Grizzly Peak Airfield

Nland316

A couple of the latest from MintCrocodile this weekend, with help from the Disneyland Monorail system...
http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/

i-jsc3BrV-L.png

i-ZBgkB4H-L.png
I absolutely love the amount of lush, green trees that have been planted! It's truly breathtaking. TOT honestly kills this perspective. It looks so out of place right behind Carthay. It really couldn't be built more to the left or right?

GiveMeTheMusic

I absolutely love the amount of lush, green trees that have been planted! It's truly breathtaking. TOT honestly kills this perspective. It looks so out of place right behind Carthay. It really couldn't be built more to the left or right?

The shot is from the monorail, so it's not something people really see and focus on as they whiz by. I've always liked the perspective of TOT/Carthay when exiting Condor Flats on the ground - it looks cool and makes Hollywood/BVS look that much more real since the two buildings coexist in the same time/place.

George Lucas on a Bench

TOT looks awesome behind Carthay from that angle. It's just too bad everything is so horribly laid out when you walk beyond Carthay. Ideally, TOT should have been placed where the Hyperion Theater is, and that should have been where the Mad T Party area is.

sponono88

HumphreysLogoSM.jpg

The logo for Humphrey's and a bit of the backstory on the new shop:

Humphrey’s Service & Supplies will be the “campers welcome” headquarters of Grizzly Peak – that type of small-town gas station, general store or “vacationer’s paradise” that you might find on a trip through California’s majestic Sierra Nevada mountains. The location is named for Humphrey the Bear, a scruffy, snack-loving bear who appeared in several Disney animated shorts in the 1950s.

Full blog post at the Disney Parks Blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...s-may-15-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Bairstow

I really wish they had been able to leave a walking corridor through the construction site.
Closing off the flats made getting around the park more difficult and created a lot of congestion in the other two routes.

Figments Friend

Agree.
For those used to exiting the Park at night that way after the World Of Color showing, it was a little bit of a surprise to find that end completely closed off.
I had just assumed there was some sort of path left open, but no....sealed off.
Ended up turning around and backstracking to where i had just come from.

There was a upside to this however -
Discovered all the trails up and around Grizzly River Run which i did not even realize were there until now !
Nice experience it was finding those...and at that time of the evening no one was using them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom