Afternoon FP availability - Epcot

LBlovesmickey

Original Poster
I am visiting Disney in May and I am bringing friends who have never been and we are trying to hit all the highlights of Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We are starting the Magic Kingdom in the morning then hopping to Epcot mid afternoon. I am trying to optimize our day and get to all the headliners (TT, Soarin',etc.) with limited waiting in lines. Should we book fast passes early morning at MK ot book for Soarin' for the late afternoon to ensure we get on it and hit TEst Track in the singles line? I know we will get to use more FPs if we do the magic kingdom route but will Soarin FPs be gone by 3:30 and the lines > 40 min the rest of the day? What do you recommend?

LBlovesmickey

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I had booked the passes for that but started to panic reading other threads. 7 dwarves is the ride to hit 1st at rope drop, right?

DisneyCane

I will add 2 things to consider:

1) It is much easier to be at Epcot at rope drop due to not having to deal with travel from the TTC to MK (unless you are in a Monorail Resort).

2) When doing a split day and using your FP+ reservations at Epcot, you are essentially wasting 1 or 2 of them. Since you can't reserve TT and Soarin', you end up booking one of them plus SSE (which much of the time the wait isn't too bad anyway) and then something that the wait is always under 20 minutes for (Nemo, MS, etc.).

If you rope drop Epcot, you can do Soarin' and then head over to TT and do single rider worst case if the line has gotten too long. You can then do SSE and whatever else you want with sub 30 minute waits.

At MK, there are enough good rides to not be wasting FP+. There is also more of a chance to be able to get additional FP for something that you actually want to use it for.

Just my 2 cents...

RonAnnArbor

I second the latter approach -- are you staying on property? Is it an early entry day at either resort?...That first hour of early entry is amazing - do as much as you can as fast as you can, don't arrive late.

BUT -- that being said, DisneyCane's advise will only work if it is NOT an early entry day at Epcot if you are a Day Visitor -- the resort folks will fill up all those lines during the first hour and when you enter you will already find 40-50 minute waits.

If it is a plain old non-early entry day, and all you are looking at are the highlights, then start with EPCOT and book your fastpasses for Magic Kingdom.

Get there 45 minutes before rope drop and you'll be at the front of the entrance line...once in, head directly to Soarin' -- do not stop to pee, do not stop to retie shoelaces, just book it immediately there. Ride Soarin' then head immediately to Test Track and do Single Rider immediately, skip the designing your car part, go directly ahead on in...then go next door to Mission Space and ride (there will never be more than a 5 minute wait in the morning no matter which side you pick. Now backtrack to SSE (if it says 25 minutes, the wait will really be 10 minutes -- they are stacking times now on here for some bizarre reason known only to WDW), then backtrack and do Livin' with the Land, The Seas with Nemo, and backtrack back to do Ellen's Energy Ride. You will be done with ALL OF THESE by 11:00 a.m. You can pick up Figment if you want, or make reservations for lunch in World Showcase.

Book your Fastpasses for MK and go there SECOND -- the biggies for Fastpass are 7 Dwarfs Mine Ride, Peter Pans Flight, and Splash Mountain. You will not need fastpasses for Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, or Pirates -- AFter you have ridden the rides on your fastpasses, you can book ADDITIONAL fastpasses for Jungle Cruise or Space Mountain or anything else that looks good at the time. You can book even MORE fastpasses on busy days if you want after that. Be aware that 7 Dwarfs, Peter Pan, and Splash RUN OUT OF FASTPASSES if not booked in advance -- the others can be added in the parks except on the very busiest 10/10 crowd days'

jlsHouston

I'm with Captain Hook! Soarin is the ride you want FP for!

Agreed because you can often single rider the TT ride and Soarin at rope drop during a very busy week had a 70 minute (55 was what it actually worked out too) by the time we briskly walked to the line ( about 9:14).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom