Space mountain is being repainted

Pirouline

I say we paint Space Mountain like this

Space-103003-AVP.jpg

/s

PREMiERdrum

I'm not there, so I haven't seen painting going on.
But look at the two spires in the center, and compare to the ribs next to them. Two totally different colors, both getting the same sunlight.

And I asked someone who has indicated that they were painted.;)

Having seen it myself last week, it's obvious that the crown of the building has been quite recently repainted. Regardless of time or day or type of light, the upper portion is a completely different shade of white than the lower dome. There is also fall safety ropes and flags all around the attached buildings, as visible from the Peoplemover.

rct247

It has not been repainted...yet. The top of Space Mountain is a different material from the concrete slabs that form the rest of the roof. It has been pressure washed rather recently though. Space may be slated to get a fresh coat of paint in the fall.

Phil12

It has not been repainted...yet. The top of Space Mountain is a different material from the concrete slabs that form the rest of the roof. It has been pressure washed rather recently though. Space may be slated to get a fresh coat of paint in the fall.
Thanks. That's what I was thinking. You normally prepare the surface first by washing and/or acid wash. That will brighten the surface considerably. They'll most likely do another wash cycle just before painting begins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom