Line Jumpers/Line Stallers

Phil12

One of the biggest complaints at WDW is the long wait times in the queues. I think it's incumbent upon all the guests to stay alert and move along in the queues without leaving any gaps. After all, people at the end of a long queue maybe waiting out in the hot sun and suffering. And remember that crowded queues always smell different to short people. So I think we all need to work together to help speed the queue along. It takes a village.

Mickey81

One of the worst times we had was in pirates. It was not to long into being in line that this large family of about 6 or 7 kept trying to get past us in the switchback area outside of the show building. They was annoying and rude. We went back and forth with them for a while. Finally a couple of them made it past, and the rest pushed ahead before entering the building. We stopped just after entering, waited for them to come around the switchback and then went under the chain in front of them. I refused to let them get ahead of me.

Disvillain63

A swift kick in the back of the heel usually gets them moving along.

As for those who try and jump ahead, be strong and stand your ground. If they want to join "family or friends" further ahead, suggest that the family or friends come back and join the potential jumpers behind you
A well placed tap between the shoulder blades with a water bottle works too...teenager too busy texting/gaming.

Goofyernmost

When I’m in line as a single rider (non-single rider line) I find my location in the line tends to vary a lot.

In a long wait queue that’s wide I may find myself as many as 6 or 7 parties ahead or behind where I started. I never remember passing or being passed by that many people but it happens. I guess a one person group just gets bumped forward or back in crowd of larger groups easily.
Soarin is a major player in that scenario.

64ghs

Lines don't bother me so much because I use FP for longer waits...:cool: But have you noticed that in shows where people will not go to the end of the rows and sit right in the middle...Argh!!!!!!! :mad:That angers me! My family got separated in the Lion King show because of that! But there were nice people that switched with us...:)

buseegal

if you have a person with a scooter in front of you do not try to fill every space in the line as in switchbacks you can get your foot ran over. it is hard to explain to CM that you were run over by the scooter. had young lady behind me who stood as close as she could. at one switchback her foot was in front of my back wheel, when I pointed that out to her. her response was she was to fill in all space possible. well you know what happened when line moved. should have seen the look CM gave her when she complained that I had run over her foot when she was behind me in line. her main answer was she should be able to go ahead of me and I should not be allowed to ride as I had run over her foot. when CM asked if she was behind me in line she said yes but what does that have to do with her being run over. lets say she stayed behind me while ride had to slow down loading for me.

This is one of those topics that can (and will) be debated until the cows come home. Feelings will get hurt, tempers will flare, and stories of horrible grievances will be told.

Truth is, I don't think any of us has a problem with families catching up with each other. Within reason. The problem is determining what is reasonable, and that is where people's opinions will vary. After standing in line for 60+ minutes, has my 4yo needed to use the bathroom? Yes, and my wife or I have taken him and then rejoined the rest of our family in line. I don't see anything wrong with that, but maybe you do. Have I been passed by groups of teenagers who I'm sure are just cutting? Yes. Does it annoy the hell out of me? Yes. Can I do anything about it? No, because I don't want to be the guy who stops someone with a legitimate reason.

Some might say my bathroom scenario is not "legitimate". But come on folks. are you really going to make a young kid start all over in line just because nature called?

Anyway, let the flaming commence. Just one man's humble opinion.

Phineas

The only time this has really bothered me was when we were waiting in line for a bus after midnight. We were behind one other person, and had watched 2-3 other buses fill up and leave for our hotel. Another bus finally came, and surprise, surprise: That one person in front of us was part of a Brazilian tour group, and apparently a placeholder for 73 of her closest friends, with flags in their hands, and a song in their hearts.

They filled that bus to capacity, the driver said there wasn't enough room for all of them.
The leader protested, saying "No no, only 5 more."
The driver relented "Fine, fine-5 more, but THAT'S IT."
Fun fact: In Brazil, "Five" is a word which there means "A dozen or so".

We got home at about 1:30 AM.

And that, along with a laundry list of other tour group-related grievances, was what made us never make reservations for July again. And to rent a car and avoid the buses entirely.

Killnme

If the person says they are trying to catch up to their family, I ask them can they point them out. If they can fine if not I say too late and make them stay behind me.

JohnD

It has happened to me more than once where a family forges ahead and a child hangs back to swing on the chain divider or is fascinated by some element in the queue. The POTC queue comes to mind. I don't blame the kid. The kid is being a kid. However, what choice do I have but to stop? I don't want to separate the kid from the family. So, I politely point out, "Hey, your family has gone on ahead. You may want to catch up." Or, if the family is in earshot, I tell them their child is just in front of me, prompting them to urge their child forward. Families should just keep an eye on their kids and keep them with their group while in the queue.

JohnD

Lines don't bother me so much because I use FP for longer waits...:cool: But have you noticed that in shows where people will not go to the end of the rows and sit right in the middle...Argh!!!!!!! :mad:That angers me! My family got separated in the Lion King show because of that! But there were nice people that switched with us...:)

Happens in the 3D shows too. I got news for them. It's exactly the same in every seat.

Marianm

I just can't understand the issue. Waiting a little while longer while the person in front of you is doing whatever they are doing to not move ahead fast enough, in my opinion is not A big deal. Once those people do move ahead all you're going to do is move an extra ten steps instead of two. I just think everyone needs to relax a little

JohnD

I just can't understand the issue. Waiting a little while longer while the person in front of you is doing whatever they are doing to not move ahead fast enough, in my opinion is not A big deal. Once those people do move ahead all you're going to do is move an extra ten steps instead of two. I just think everyone needs to relax a little

I can "relax" but are you serously going to suggest that people in front should be oblivious while you went to the trouble to get a FP+? Or what about standby? You're already in line for a long time. Maybe it's people like that which keep the wait time longer than it should be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom