Tell me everything about MNSSHP

JohnD

Are they any restaurants open that night after 7?

There typically aren't table service restaurants open. But, if you're lucky (and I mean VERY lucky), you might be able to get an ADR at Be Our Guest between 4 and 7. As you probably know by now, party goers are admitted as early as 4 before the official star time of 7pm. After 7pm, it's just counter service.

Upvote 0

smk

^^^ Exactly why we rest the day of the party and eat a good meal before we go to the MK. We are suckers for Pecos Bills or Caseys tho so we always get a snack at some point in the evening. Keeps my DH from eating all his candy like a two year old!

Upvote 0

JohnD

Does anyone know if I will be able to get fast pass+ from 4:00 - 7:00 that night?

Yes. A party ticket is treated like a regular ticket. For all MDE knows, it's a one-day pass. But the CMs know better. Party goers can begin entering at 4pm. You could make FPs earlier but it wouldn't do you any good. Just keep in mind your three FPs may not be on the exact hour (4-5, 5-6, 6-7). The first could begin at, say, 3:45. Keep that mind when you arrive so you can time your arrival for your first FP+ appropriately.

Upvote 0

Tink0102

I know I am in the minority, but I felt it was a huge waste of money. We went last October, on the 9th I think. I had heard it was less crowded, it wasn't. The one candy line we went through took too much time in my opinion. The fireworks were great and the parade was awesome. Other than those we weren't really impressed and won't do it again.
I will say that we made a HUGE mistake in doing it the last night of our stay. Even though we had down time that day we were still worn out from the week and I know that probably played a big part in how we felt about it. I would suggest doing it at the start of your vacation instead of the end.

Upvote 0

Kosmo1986

If you are interested in playing sorcerers of magic kingdom (card game) they give out a specialty card for this event. I would eat before you get they are have an easy day before hand (water park for a couple hours early should be good). If you are planning another day at magic kingdom, don't waste your time with long ride lines (save those for fast passes). Focus on the Parade, Fireworks, characters and CANDY!

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

If you are interested in playing sorcerers of magic kingdom (card game) they give out a specialty card for this event. I would eat before you get they are have an easy day before hand (water park for a couple hours early should be good). If you are planning another day at magic kingdom, don't waste your time with long ride lines (save those for fast passes). Focus on the Parade, Fireworks, characters and CANDY!

We just recently found out about this!! We have been to 1 MNSSHP and 2 MVMCP and never knew to get the cards! Do you know if you can get a card for the party even if you have already received your allotted cards for the day? We are planning a trip in October and my son is already planning what cards to bring and is super excited to be continuing his quest from March instead of starting over again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kingoglow

Forget the candy!
That is a huge waste of time and money. The candy is just a red herring to get you to stand in 45 minute lines. All of the actual rides have almost no wait at all. You can buy the candy at wal-greens before your trip for much less than the price of a ticket.

Upvote 0

ColoradoEquestrian

Have a wonderful time! We went last year and loved it. I still sing the parade song randomly from time to time....it's so catchy! Maybe check a crowd predictor for the night you are interested in attending. Ours was really crowded (may even have been sold out) but it was still a great item to check off the Disney bucket list :D

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

The only other thing that I will add is just like everything else at Disney don’t expect to do everything at one party. Some places you read will tell you that you can get 10 to 15 pounds of candy. This is correct, but you have to give up some of the other events like the parade and rides and to be honest the candy is not anything special. Its the same stuff you can buy at any grocery store and it takes up luggage space. If you want to do all the character meet and greets you can but at the expense of everything else. My advice, dress up and do a little trick or treating (not everybody can say they trick or treated in the magic kingdom), grab a picture or two with your favorite character, WATCH THE PARADE (that is a must), and just enjoy the night.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Forget the candy!
That is a huge waste of time and money. The candy is just a red herring to get you to stand in 45 minute lines. All of the actual rides have almost no wait at all. You can buy the candy at wal-greens before your trip for much less than the price of a ticket.
Some people find it unique to be in costume, trick-or-treating in the Magic Kingdom. But, of course, if that doesn't knock your socks off, you shouldn't do it. We are going this year with two almost-three-year-olds and I expect they would find trick-or-treating in the MK to be really cool. We are tempering our expectations for the night based upon this--if we trick-or-treat, get on HM, and see the parade and fireworks, we will consider it a success.

Upvote 0

Kingoglow

Some people find it unique to be in costume, trick-or-treating in the Magic Kingdom. But, of course, if that doesn't knock your socks off, you shouldn't do it. We are going this year with two almost-three-year-olds and I expect they would find trick-or-treating in the MK to be really cool. We are tempering our expectations for the night based upon this--if we trick-or-treat, get on HM, and see the parade and fireworks, we will consider it a success.

Marvelous. That sounds great for your family.

I am trying to help the people would not consider paying $80+ on candy a success.

Hit the rides. These parties are the best way to experience reduced crowd levels.

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

Any "touring" advice? We have tickets for the first MNSSHP, we are going with our then 4 year old son. In what order would you suggest doing the activities mentionned in this thread, like a little trick or treating, some meet and greets, parade, fireworks, a couple of attractions...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom