Last minute trip! POR help!

SabinaG

Original Poster
We are trying to plan a last minute trip for next week. We leaning to a Royal Guest Room because my 5 year old is obsessed with the princesses and this trip will not be nearly as princess oriented as our last, super extravagant trip. We don't have nearly the same budget. My only reservation about getting this room, is that during my research the past day is that it seems the building the rooms are in are at the end of the bus route and the stop could get bypassed by full bus loads. Is this the case? Have others experienced that? Or would you recommend a preferred room?

Stellajack

Premium Member
Simply walk across the bridge and use the South Depot bus stop which is picked up first. We do this when we stay in a Royal Room. Your daughter will LOVE the room...and there are fireworks in the headboards!!

I agree with THIS post completely! We always use this depot no matter which building we are in at POR.

daisyduckie

Unfortunately the South Depot is not always picked up first. I've been near the West Depot for a couple of trips, and that was the first stop picked up. Which would make the South Depot the last stop. I honestly wouldn't stress about getting on at any depot. Use the one closest to your room, and you will be fine!

stuart

Word on buses...
Magic and Downtown pick up at West first and pick up at South Depot last.

Other routes pick up at South first.

Im all our years I dont think we have ever had a bus pass us being full at East.

In addition, in the mornings some buses go South, West, North then Park and others go East and South then Park

In addition, if you are in Parterre then South will be closer anyway

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That was rarely the case for us and we almost always stayed in the bus stop 4 section of the mansions since the place opened up in the early 90's. We have gotten on the bus across the bridge but it is rarely necessary especially at this time of the year.

Now when my DD and I travel by ourselves and it is EMH at the MK, coming back at 2am, we gals use a bit more caution and judgement, get off the bus #1 and go over the bridge vs #4 and coming through those back paths very late at night.

Tinkerbella16

When staying in the Royal Rooms, we never used that bus stop and always used the South Depot each day/night. We found the South Depot to be just as short of a walk or we would use the foodcourt for breakfast and head right to the South Depot.

daisyduckie

Word on buses...
Magic and Downtown pick up at West first and pick up at South Depot last.

Other routes pick up at South first.

Not always. I guess it could be that the bus stopped at South and went straight to the parks, but the end result was the same. During my last stay at POR West was almost always the first stop. I honestly can't remember it ever not being the first stop, but it could have happened.

Foolish Mortal

in the morning I would just walk over to the South depot stop over at the check in building. evening return could go either way, bus stops at South depot first or it loops around where you would get off at the 3rd (East) stop. stick to your Princess room and have fun.

PoppinsFan

We stayed in a Royal Room last May and walked to the South Depot (only a few minute walk) and never had any issues. I don't think we ever waited over five minutes. The rooms are great! I definitely would recommend staying there. Enjoy your vacation

Cluno

FWIW, we were at POR last week (April 14-21), and the busses picked up at the West depot every single time for every destination. South was sometimes the first to drop off, but always last to pick up.

JasonDeyoung

I stayed at RS in January and was at the bus stop just before those I believe, I was in the building next to those rooms but anyways point of story I never had one issue with the buses or not being able to get on. But as said above its a quick walk to the main lobby bus stop as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom