New Coaster

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
While a flaming liberal, I am sad to see SeaWorld get out of the animal business. They do a tremendous amount of good work rehabing a plethora of species.

The local beach patrol can deliver the injured manatees and oil soaked water foul to PETA's front door from now on.
Same here.

919Florida

More details out now:
The ride will break speeds of 70 mph, stand 200 feet tall and will be over 4,429 feet long, making it the tallest and fastest ride in Orlando.

“Something is stirring beneath the surface at SeaWorld Orlando, preparing to rise from the ocean depths and soar to thrilling new heights. Get ready for the frenzy of SeaWorld’s new 200-foot-tall coaster. In 2016, this thriller will take its place atop the food chain as Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster. Follow #nothingfaster as the frenzy starts.” -

Donald Razorduck

If the Polercoasteg is built then you just add in "freestanding" and it all stays the same. Sort of like how Falcon's Fury is the world's tallest freestanding drop ride.
It needs some intermidiate rides. It's kiddie or thrill with little in between. I'd think about enclosing the play structure and make it climate controlled, revamp the kid area (More shading as well) with new rides and add a few of those intermidiates.

cheezbat

More details out now:
The ride will break speeds of 70 mph, stand 200 feet tall and will be over 4,429 feet long, making it the tallest and fastest ride in Orlando.

“Something is stirring beneath the surface at SeaWorld Orlando, preparing to rise from the ocean depths and soar to thrilling new heights. Get ready for the frenzy of SeaWorld’s new 200-foot-tall coaster. In 2016, this thriller will take its place atop the food chain as Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster. Follow #nothingfaster as the frenzy starts.” -
Where'd you get the ride stats? I was hoping this thing would be over 5,000 feet long since we don't have a single coaster here in Florida over that...of course, 200 feet tall is nice too...

Voxel

President of Progress City
I went to Carowinds last week. The new coaster (Fury 325) is awesome! It's so smooth and well designed. Lots of good zero-g spots throughout. That'd be great if SeaWorld got something like that.
So your one of the ones who didn't get stuck :p. There seems to be some weird issues with the sensors on the lift hill. Trains have gotten stuck on the lift hill multiple times call for sensor/system resets.

lazyboy97o

It's a very long coaster. I was surprised at the length and where it travels. Even for an out and back.

I just hope it can stand on its own and offer what Kracken can't. The potential lack of inversions may help it stand by itself.
B&M seems to be on a roll with their recent hyper coasters.

cheezbat

It's a very long coaster. I was surprised at the length and where it travels. Even for an out and back.

I just hope it can stand on its own and offer what Kracken can't. The potential lack of inversions may help it stand by itself.
I heard it was just a bit over 4,400 feet long...that's not very long for a hypercoaster. Could that number be wrong?
Magnum XL 200 is over 5,000 feet, Raging Bull is over 5,000, Intimidator is over 5,000....over 5,000 seems to be common on hypercoasters.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I heard it was just a bit over 4,400 feet long...that's not very long for a hypercoaster. Could that number be wrong?
I've not seen figures. From what I've seen 4500ft seems about right. There again, this length is acceptable it seems for a Hyper. Goliath springs to mind.

Last edited:

StageFrenzy

Kraken is kind of boring to me. The filled box and the lack of themeing make me very ambivalent to the ride. For a longish coaster Cheetah Hunt seems to fit the right amount of balance for stuff to look at.

Bairstow

a B&M Giga.
original.jpg

So your one of the ones who didn't get stuck :p. There seems to be some weird issues with the sensors on the lift hill. Trains have gotten stuck on the lift hill multiple times call for sensor/system resets.
Yes, very lucky. It ran all day with no issues the day I was there. I saw on the news the very next day it had gotten stuck on the hill again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom