Moderate Resorts

TXDisney

Original Poster
We have a lot of trips planned in 2016. St Marteen, NY, a Cruise and Disney in December of 2016. That Disney trip will be a big family trip with my whole family using my parents timeshare off property at orange lakes. I want to do a short 4-5 day trip in the spring of 2016 though. Bc of all of our trips we have money will be tighter. Normally we stay deluxe, but not sure we can budget for that. I've kinda narrowed down my choices between Port Orleans Riverside which we stayed 2 nights at once before, Carribean Back or Coronado Springs. Which is the best? Convenience and all things included. We're big Epcot and MK fans.

Weather_Lady

They're all very nice. If you plan to visit Downtown Disney, PORS has the boat transportation there. Caribbean Beach is the most recently-refurbished, but all three have had refurbs in the last few years. Transportation will only vary by a few minutes as far as distance to the parks, but Caribbean Beach resort is centrally-located between Epcot and HS, PORS is between Epcot and DTD, and Coronado Springs is located on the far side of Epcot from HS, near AK.

At the end of the day, it probably comes down to which theme/pool/TS restaurants appeal to you most. Wherever you decide to stay, I'd consider getting a "preferred" room or at least requesting a non-preferred building near the "main" bus depot at each of those resorts, as in our experience, the "main" depot at each resort always has the best and most frequent bus service.

JohnD

There is no "best" one. They're all good. If I were to choose on transportation alone, I wouldn't choose CBR. It has the widest expanse and the most depots. CSR only has four depots by contrast. POFQ only has one but could share with the four depots at POR depending on which way the buses ae going. As was stated, you also have water transportation from both POFQ and POR to DTD.

For ambience, each has their own unique qualities and I like all of them. Whichever you choose, you can't go wrong.

DisneyPrincess5

I hope @Buzz2001 catches this thread. Coronado is a wonderful resort. I've stayed there many times, before and after rehabs, and I've always been extremely happy with it. I have found it to be quiet, spacious, and welcoming. Beautiful grounds, great pool, and delicious food. We have always had memorable stays there.

bethymouse

Loved POR! Boatwrights is a nice table service option! The grounds are lovely, and the convenient boat ride to DTD is very nice!
Caribbean Beach is nice too, although quite spread out especially if you like the pirate rooms. The table service restaurant there Shutters was actually pretty good, but we got very lucky with a fantastic waitress! It doesn't get great reviews. I just don't like that you check-in at a separate building, and then go over to the main part of the resort. The buses there can be slow too.
I never stayed at Coronado, but I hear it's great especially if you like a Mexican theme.

Jahona

I've stayed at PORS back when it was Dixie Landings as a kid and don't remember much. I'll be staying there again this July. I've stayed at Coronado twice in recent years and it's one of my favorite resorts. I love the theme and the grounds are beautiful.

Clamman73

Loved POR! Boatwrights is a nice table service option! The grounds are lovely, and the convenient boat ride to DTD is very nice!
Caribbean Beach is nice too, although quite spread out especially if you like the pirate rooms. The table service restaurant there Shutters was actually pretty good, but we got very lucky with a fantastic waitress! It doesn't get great reviews. I just don't like that you check-in at a separate building, and then go over to the main part of the resort. The buses there can be slow too.
I never stayed at Coronado, but I hear it's great especially if you like a Mexican theme.
Riverside and French Quarter share a boat or separate to Downtown?

TXDisney

Original Poster
POR is more our style we liked it when we stayed there. We're not big DTD people. My wife likes grabbing lunch a day at earl of sandwich that's it and maybe some souvenir shopping. Maybe a 2-3 hrs there a trip at max. Is CBR even more spread out than POR? Bc POR seemed pretty big. Also the location at Coronado seems good since it's closer to Epcot and MK it appears. And it bring smaller I'd imagine transportation is easier there.

Buzz2001

I prefer CSR. They will also be getting a rehab soon and should be completed by 12/2016.

I love the business class rooms. Great location and access to the lounge make it with the extra money.

Scott10

Having stayed at Coronado for numerous trips, I would choose it over Caribbean. CSR just seems to me to have a very laid back feel to it. My family loves POR and have stayed there for our last couple of trips. I feel that for an adult only trip, CSR might be the choice, but for a family trip with my kids, it is definitely POR. We stayed in a Royal Room one trip and Alligator Bayou last summer and loved both.

aw14

Here would've my order based on where I have already stayed:
1: POFQ
2: CSR
3: CBR

FQ is nice, quaint and small. CBR is enormous with many bus stops in the resort. All are well themed but we really loved FQ. The one caveat is the pool at CSR. My daughter absolutely loved it

TXDisney

Original Poster
My wife loves New Orleans, so POR would please her. We only stayed there 2 nights over a year ago. We were so busy we didn't get to really see the resort. Coronado is the other one we're really looking into.

prfctlyximprct

I've stayed at CBR and POFQ and loved them both. POFQ is quaint and homey.. don't see it mentioned on your options though. :( I wanna stay at a new moderate when I go which leaves Riverside or Coronado.. decisions, decisions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom