Blue Bayou worth it?

180º

It's not a few dollars, it's at least $10+ dollars. And I find bread and butter along with a Monte Cristo redundant. Also, I don't know anyone who'd be cool splitting a Monte Cristo lol.
Just looked it up– it's a $7 difference ($24.99 versus $17.99). Fair enough. ;)

To each his own. I'm willing to pay $13 to get stuffed full of half a Monte Cristo, salad, and bread whilst dining inside Pirates of the Caribbean, whereas $18 for a Monte Cristo and a Monte Cristo alone, while delicious, isn't quite as satisfying. All depends on how you look at it, I guess. I still consider it a great value compared to quick service restaurants.

JAG107

There's also nothing lost on the ambiance of an outdoor table at CO, people watching and soaking up the New Orleans atmosphere while enjoying a Monte Cristo and a bottomless mint julep is wonderful. Personally, I'd skip BB, but that's just me. You will get much much better food at Steakhouse 55, and the Cristos are the same at CO, so if you don't care about a quality meal and just want to eat in the dark, go for it. You could also just ride Pirates and get the same atmosphere, just not for an hour or more.

amjt660

Premium Member
We (DD x 2 + DW) went to BB for the first time in March (it was our 8th trip to DLR from Canada)
Have to say it was cool to sit near the ride and the food was good but the cost was ridiculous.
Glad we did it once but will never do it again.
As a side note we did Carthay again (ate back in summer of 12) and noticed a big drop off.
It just felt rushed and not special like the first time
(oh and really expensive for the amount of food)

Figments Friend

Blue Bayou was a once-and-done for me.
On my first visit to Disneyland a friend invited me to dine with his family there one evening and it was a nice experience.
At the time they were serving a special menu themed to the third POTC film *At Worlds End* which had it*s premiere that week at the Park, so it felt more special then usual.
I was happy to be able to experience this place at least once.

Having now dined there, during return visits to the Park on my own i have not felt motivated to do it again.
The expense is a primary reason, and also the other menu offerings elsewhere i just find more unique and appetizing.

I would however recommend it for anyone new to the Park.
It is indeed worth experiencing at least once, primarily for the neat indoor atmosphere.
Sitting right by the water is a plus if you are patient and not in a hurry to be seated.
If you are of fan of the POTC Attraction or just enjoy soaking up themed environments then Blue Bayou is a must do at least once.

I love Cafe Orleans.
Great food, fair pricing for what you get, and great outdoor ambiance.
Really enjoy their side salad with pecans and goat cheese, the Pomme Frittes ( best side in all of the Resort )and beneighs.
I also enjoy it because i have had some really interesting conversations with the Cast Members on duty during the times i have had meals there.
The place is a real winner for me.
:)

Last edited:

UofMGuy423

Good place for the ambiance, but the lunch menu is very pricey. Tried it earlier this year for the first time, enjoyed it, but wouldn't do it again.

Stevek

It's not a few dollars, it's at least $10+ dollars. And I find bread and butter along with a Monte Cristo redundant. Also, I don't know anyone who'd be cool splitting a Monte Cristo lol.
I certainly wouldn't split mine. My wife might have gotten a bite but that's it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom