How bag-friendly are Disneyland's rides?

Bairstow

Original Poster
So in my years of theme-parking, I've found that Disney World is oddly permissive of guests having bags and other things with them in their rides. I've never had a problem stowing a small backpack at my feet on any of their attractions, even roller coasters and other thrill rides.

At most other theme parks, it's an entirely different story. Most places won't let you get away with bringing anything onto the coasters that's not in your pockets or clearly strapped to your body, and Universal goes much further than that, practically patting-down guests before allowing them on RockIt and Hulk.

So, where does Disneyland lie? I'm going to be there for the first time next week and I want to know if I can bring a small backpack on with me on Indy, California Screamin, and their Space Mountain? If not, I'm perfectly fine stashing things in cargo shorts and my jacket, but I'd like to be able to plan ahead.

Same goes for Knott's Berry Farm.

Animaniac93-98

You're allowed to place a bag between your feet on the floor of all the rides, even California Screamin'.

I will admit that on Indy I was concerned about losing it because the car does shake you around so much, but it came out safe in the end.

ght

I always take a full size backpack and have never had a problem fitting it at my feet on any ride. I don't think you will have a problem.

Bairstow

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses. This will be our first trip to California and we're hoping to enjoy the low crowds between Spring Break and the 60th kickoff.

You should be fine with your bag at Disneyland. Same with Knott's, last time I remembered.

Him. We're anticipating going completely bagless on that day, what with all the coasters.

Figments Friend

Nice to hear about your upcoming visit. I will be in town next week, too!

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but you won*t have to worry about *Indiana Jones Adventure* - it is down for a short refurb next week. Re-opens May 2nd last time i checked the list.

You will have plenty of other Attractions to keep you entertained however in the meantime.
Besides, missing IJA this visit just means you have the perfect excuse to come back again soon !

:)

Thumper14

Nice to hear about your upcoming visit. I will be in town next week, too!

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but you won*t have to worry about *Indiana Jones Adventure* - it is down for a short refurb next week. Re-opens May 2nd last time i checked the list.

You will have plenty of other Attractions to keep you entertained however in the meantime.
Besides, missing IJA this visit just means you have the perfect excuse to come back again soon !

:)
I will be there next week too. We try to come every year in late April. I will miss some of the closed attractions, but there is always next year. I am anxious to see the improved Soarin then!

Bairstow

Original Poster
My guess would be no, but your best bet would be tweet them or call for a firm answer - unless you want to just show up and try your luck.

Experience has taught me that it's much easier to ask for forgiveness than permission when it comes to these sorts of things.

Bairstow

Original Poster
My guess would be no, but your best bet would be tweet them or call for a firm answer - unless you want to just show up and try your luck.

DID try my luck, and the answer is no.

Had a great time, though.
While their food is substandard, Knotts has some really amazing and unique rides, and possibly the most talented live performers I've ever seen in a theme park.
Anyone who takes the time and money to fly in to see Disneyland and California Adventure really ought to spend a day there too.

To answer my own initial question, Yes, Disney is still totally permissive about bringing bags onto rides and using gopros, to an almost worrying extent.

I was allowed to bring a large backpack onto California Screamin' and set it at my feet and wear a GoPro on my wrist, no questions asked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom