If Disney World and Universal were to close ...

Disneyhead'71

The Greenbrier in White Sulfur Springs, WV.

It's a hillbilly thing. Y'all wouldn't understand.

Greenbrier.jpg

betty rose

Original Poster
Just one place? Not sure about that. In the past, we've done two week trips around a region of the US. The first trip, we went from Dollywood, to Kentucky Kingdom, to Holiday World, to Six Flags Great America, to Michigan's Adventure, to Kings Island, to Cedar Point, to Geauga Lake (when it still had dry rides), to Kennywood, to Lakemont Park (Making great use of a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass). Another year, we went from Six Flags Great Adventure, to Lake Compounce, to Six Flags New England, to La Ronde, to Canada's Wonderland, to Darien Lake (through Niagra Falls), to Knoebels.
I've been to Kings Island and Cedar Point, and a place in Kansas, the name escapes me ....I loved all of them..gosh, I wish I could go back...just about to be 67 and now I just dream about all the vacations, I would have taken...if money were no object...now, I love to dream through all the trips you guys have taken, and I especially like the photos. Including Disney. It's always been my first love.. We went with our daughter, when it opened , took my parents, and our kids and now our grandkids. So many good memories.....But, I wish money, and life were long enough to go to those places that I dream about. Thanks for giving me thoughts of things that all of you have done, or dreaming (like me) to do.

betty rose

Original Poster
It would be a combination of Door County, Green Bay, Appleton, and Mall of America or Wisconsin Dells. What did you expect? That is what I did the past without going to Disney.
I went to the Wisconsin Dells with my aunt and uncle, when I was a kid...I still think of how fun that trip was, and amazing .

betty rose

Original Poster
I went to Peru with a friend several years ago, it was a lot of fun. It got me wanting to see more of the world.. I have a goal to get to all 50 states (I'm at 28 so far.. airport layovers don't count, unless you leave the terminal)

I'd love to see Stone Henge.. the Pyramids.. the Great Wall.. Australia..

Another thing I'd love to do is get to a game in all 30 MLB stadiums..
Oh, gosh I've always wanted to see Stone Henge and the Pyramids. Maybe, in the next Life...No money or time for that now...As my grandma always said, enjoy traveling and seeing the world while you are young, it's not as fun when you are old...I'm old ....and with no money to see the world.:D I think she was right...why is hind sight always 20..20? ;)

betty rose

Original Poster
Ha! I go to Disney because it is less costly than other places I want to go! I can drive to Disney though!

Las Vegas, Ireland, Japan. Those are my top picks for now, and I haven't been to any of them! Vegas bound in a month!
I go to Disney because it is familiar and fun for me and my family!

betty rose

Original Poster
When I was young I wanted to travel the world and started out fairly well. Before I got out of College I had been to most of the eastern seaboard states, Canada, of course since I lived practically on the border, Portugal, Spain, Italy, France and England. Then while in the USAF, I got to see Hawaii, Guam, South Vietnam, Osaka and Tokyo, Japan, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington. All toll I have been to 38 of the 50 states plus the Bahama's. After I married we got to go to Florida often, Maine almost all the time, Boston, Colorado Springs, Co., New Orleans, La., Myrtle Beach, SC, Virginia, Beach, Va. and a few other random New England states and at least 4 Canadian provinces.

Since my divorce, I have been numerous times to Florida, The keys, both coasts, Savanna, Charleston, SC (Fort Sumter, Gettysburg, Anaheim, Las Vegas, (and the Hoover Dam). I know there are other places, but, I cannot remember them at the moment.

Now I limit myself mostly to Florida. I just don't have the travel bug anymore. I, due to a request from my sister to accompany her to Europe in October, will be revisiting Paris, (plus Disneyland Paris), Rome with side trips to Pisa and Florence, Pompeii and Venice, Barcelona Spain then a transatlantic cruise back to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I will constitute the longest "vacation" type trip I have ever taken. I'm looking forward to it, but, I'm not exactly ecstatic about it. Just to old and lacking in youthful energy, I guess.
It sounds like you have had an exciting life, seeing a lot of the world. Most of us just dream about what you have done...I would have liked to be in your shoes,,, with all the traveling.

UncleMike101

No place in Florida.......
Disney is the only reason I'll put up with 90 degrees, 85% humidity and daily monsoons.
WDW and UNI turned central Fl from worthless swamp land into the #1 tourist mecca on the planet.

Ariel1986

I constantly have itchy feet and want to see as much of the world as possible- and am trying to make that happen! I've been to 6 countries in Europe (short hop over the channel from the UK! Sort of...) and 14 or so cities/8 states in the US and I've been to Canada. I'm working on Asia!

Orlando and WDW is such a home away from home for me though, so I don't know how I'd feel without being able to throw it into the mix of my vacations. I'm working on seeing all the countries and cities in the world that I want to see right now... so that I can then happily spend nearly all of my vacations in Florida! :)

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

After Disney.... nothing would ever excite me. After getting my refund from the TA, a lengthy visit to a psychiatrist helping me deal with my emotional instability and grief counseling the most joy I'd be able to find would be a visit to....

13balloftwine0.JPG

05twine3.JPG

Wonder if I can get a FP+ for it.......

betty rose

Original Poster
After Disney.... nothing would ever excite me. After getting my refund from the TA, a lengthy visit to a psychiatrist helping me deal with my emotional instability and grief counseling the most joy I'd be able to find would be a visit to....

13balloftwine0.JPG

05twine3.JPG

Wonder if I can get a FP+ for it.......
:D:D:D

acishere

There are a lot of other places I'd like to see so I think I'll be able to survive. I've been researching budgets for trips to either somewhere in the Caribbean or the Keys for later this year.

For a couple years I've been trying to do a trip to Yellowstone with some friends I haven't seen much of since college. Yosemite and Redwood National are also on my National Park to do list.

Paris, several parts of Italy, Berlin, Amsterdam, Tokyo, and Vienna are my international dream vacations. I've been to London, but missed a lot of it and could do another trip there as well.

I'm actually considering putting off Disney World until Avatar is fully open. The only thing that is drawing me back to Orlando sooner is Diagon Alley. Can't see myself stopping at one resort and not visiting the other as well.

I still enjoy Disney, but there is so much to see in this world that some long breaks from it are necessary. If anyone is willing to pay for me to do both a Disney trip and a new destination every year I will happily do both.

cheezbat

If Disney and Universal were to close...if spend a bunch of my time between Sea World, Aquatica, Legoland, Adventure Island and Busch Gardens. There would still be good parks in Central Florida!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom