Hollywood studios

Disneyhead'71

I respect your style, you are trying to get known fairy dusters to openly admit the current shape of the park. You obviously don't care about being labeled as a troll, and you don't even acknowledge people saying such.
The thing you are failing to comprehend (or fully understand, you just set fires to see pandemonium from people not sipping from the same punch bowl you. yourself are emptying) is that, most disney fans, see the shuttering of attractions at dhs as a rebuilding process. We know full well that the value of the park is suffering, but, like many other parks, it will be reborn to be an amazing place and will become a lasting cherished memory it has been for many of us in the past. Part of progress is building. I remember going to uni (a place I know you are a fan of, you are the same person who claimed the Simpson's ride to be the most advanced attraction to date...righting off SpiderMan, and minions as old tech...even mocking people who claim small world is a classic in the process...though the simpsons ride orgins date back to the Back to the Future ride, which was a showcase 20+ years ago) during the potter build. It lacked, it was upsetting to not experience the uni parks fully. Seeing construction walls around Springfield really demolished the effect for me....that day. Upon returning, it was great. Potter is a mind blowing experience, the smallest details are done with a fine toothed comb. Krusty burger and duff gardens was fresh and new. It sparkeled. My last trip you could see things starting to show age, but, can you or I expect everything to withstand the amount of hands that are put on it? And to not experience the pretty dated, but wildly entertaining Jurassic Park because of the kong construction was something I wasn't prepared for.
Much like uni has been, dhs will regain the sparkle it once had. The rides will be awe-inspiring, and the detail will be exquisite once again. And then down the road, we will face a fence or gate making way to the next big thing...at all parks, no franchise is excluded from that.

I guess the real question is, why did you go to dhs, knowing the revamp it is currently getting, and expect it to be anything more than what others have said it was? And then you come expecting people to defend it as anything more than what it is...a rebuild. Not really the room to cast that kinda cloud. It will be an amazing park when it's done.
Both Uni parks are younger than DHS and they both have more than 5 rides. You can shut down one ride in each park when there are 20 other rides for the paying customers to enjoy. When your park only has 6 rides total, and you start closing things, people are going to wonder why they are paying $100 to get in the place.

Who's fault is it that DHS is 25 years old and only has 5 rides? And your point is we doom and gloomers aren't patient enough?

JordanNite

Original Poster
I respect your style, you are trying to get known fairy dusters to openly admit the current shape of the park. You obviously don't care about being labeled as a troll, and you don't even acknowledge people saying such.
The thing you are failing to comprehend (or fully understand, you just set fires to see pandemonium from people not sipping from the same punch bowl you. yourself are emptying) is that, most disney fans, see the shuttering of attractions at dhs as a rebuilding process. We know full well that the value of the park is suffering, but, like many other parks, it will be reborn to be an amazing place and will become a lasting cherished memory it has been for many of us in the past. Part of progress is building. I remember going to uni (a place I know you are a fan of, you are the same person who claimed the Simpson's ride to be the most advanced attraction to date...righting off SpiderMan, and minions as old tech...even mocking people who claim small world is a classic in the process...though the simpsons ride orgins date back to the Back to the Future ride, which was a showcase 20+ years ago) during the potter build. It lacked, it was upsetting to not experience the uni parks fully. Seeing construction walls around Springfield really demolished the effect for me....that day. Upon returning, it was great. Potter is a mind blowing experience, the smallest details are done with a fine toothed comb. Krusty burger and duff gardens was fresh and new. It sparkeled. My last trip you could see things starting to show age, but, can you or I expect everything to withstand the amount of hands that are put on it? And to not experience the pretty dated, but wildly entertaining Jurassic Park because of the kong construction was something I wasn't prepared for.
Much like uni has been, dhs will regain the sparkle it once had. The rides will be awe-inspiring, and the detail will be exquisite once again. And then down the road, we will face a fence or gate making way to the next big thing...at all parks, no franchise is excluded from that.

I guess the real question is, why did you go to dhs, knowing the revamp it is currently getting, and expect it to be anything more than what others have said it was? And then you come expecting people to defend it as anything more than what it is...a rebuild. Not really the room to cast that kinda cloud. It will be an amazing park when it's done.

Thanks for the reply but once again you fail to redress why rides were closed down and replaced with nothing. You also make the mistake a fair few 'dust fairies' (your term) make in that you appear to believe some form of reconstruction is on the horizon - where is your evidence of this? What if the actual fact is there will be no huge reconstruction of the park?

And if as one poster pointed out Disney are trying to save operating costs - isn't that just shocking? When on earth did investing in the parks stop?

Also isn't a rite as a consumer to be be annoyed i have to pay the full $100 when attractions have been taken away ?! I won't be going back to the Studios anytime soon, and probably at the rate Disney works won't be going back for a good decade - which is a shame, as i love Orlando and the whole Disney experience.

It's about time some of woke up and questioned what Iger is doing to these parks.

Last edited:

FettFan

Star Wars land? Don't me laugh, this CEO will never spend a penny on the parks. We all clamour for new rides but instead we have rides taken away from us.

Ummm....yeah. The recent sightings of John Lasseter and Disney suits in DHS, the recent removal of the BAH, the refurb of the GMR, and the closure/mercy killing of the Backlot Tour, new construction by Rock-N-Roller Coaster (a "flex" theater, supposedly signalling the closure/demolition of the old "Hunchback" theater at SoA right behind Star Tours) and the fact that Bob Iger accidentally let slip that the park would be getting another name change all disagree with you.

We're going to be seeing something BIG coming to DHS....and right now the gears are starting to move.

Last edited:

JordanNite

Original Poster
Ummm....yeah. The recent sightings of John Lasseter and Disney suits in DHS, the recent removal of the BAH, the refurb of the GMR, and the closure/mercy killing of the Backlot Tour, new construction by Rock-N-Roller Coaster (a "flex" theater, supposedly signalling the closure of the small theater at SoA) and the fact that Bob Iger accidentally let slip that the park would be getting another name change all disagree with you.

We're going to be seeing something BIG coming to DHS....and right now the gears are starting to move.

So because Lasseter was seen at Disney, and we have closure on some rides (just to add no construction on these closed attractions), and we will get a new name for the park - this provides conclusive proof something major is happening at the parks?! Am glad you aren't on any jury. People have been saying something major is happening at the studios for years now !

Yes something major is happening - it's called saving costs!

Quoted and will bring this message up again in a years time.

Crazydisneyfanluke

tumblr_l9d6lhcSTk1qa4w2fo1_500_large.png

MissingDisney

You appear to use the word "shocking" a lot....I would recommend you stop chewing on electrical cords and sticking your fingers in outlets.

And bringing up things that have been beat to death in about 738 other threads. We get it, you blame Iger for everything. Write him a letter and let him know.

JordanNite

Original Poster
You appear to use the word "shocking" a lot....I would recommend you stop chewing on electrical cords and sticking your fingers in outlets.

And bringing up things that have been beat to death in about 738 other threads. We get it, you blame Iger for everything. Write him a letter and let him know.

As a Disney Dust fairy whats your opinion on Hollywood studios ?

JordanNite

Original Poster
Ah rite, so you don't want to forward an opinion - is that because something in the dust just won't allow you to be negative in any way?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom