The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Twilight_Roxas

I found this on Wikipedia:

"As part of the Disneyland Resort's 60th Anniversary celebration, the World of Color show will be changed to World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney. This special edition of the show, which premieres on May 22, 2015, will be narrated by Mickey Mouse and Neil Patrick Harris, and will feature music and imagery from Disney films and theme parks.[29][30]

Celebrate! contains five sections:[31]

• "Fanfare and Introduction", which features projections of Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey mouse, accompanied by a new arrangement of the "World of Color" theme.
  • "It Was All Started by a Mouse", which features footage of Walt Disney talking about Mickey Mouse, as well as clips from Mickey Mouse cartoons including Steamboat Willie, Plane Crazy, The Band Concert, and Fantasia.
  • "The Golden Age of Animation", which contains clips from animated feature films from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar.
  • "Dream of Disneyland", a tribute to Disneyland park.
  • "A Celebration for Years to Come", which contains a tribute to Walt Disney as well as the finale."
The clips of Mickey is going to also include the new Mickey Mouse shorts as well.

Mike K

Thanks again for your help, guys! Just got off the phone with Disney Dining and made lunch reservations at Carthay Circle on the 22nd. We can't wait to see the new WOC show, everything about it sounds wonderful.

TP2000

@TP2000 @GiveMeTheMusic @Endor Sightseer Any of you happen to get an invite and attend the AP party tonight? They had multiple band acts out, including the Jazz band on the Mark Twain, the Golden Horseshoe Revue Tribute was brought back, and other nostalgia offerings. Looked like a blast. I'm hoping this entertainment is brought to us again for the celebration.

Funny you mention it, I got an invite to attend either tonight or a date in August. What a weird date spread on that invite! I decided not to go tonight since I figured they'd have the 60th stuff going for the August event, although I should have gone tonight since it was a gorgeously warm spring evening. Sounds like it was a fun event.

JediMasterMatt

No invite for me. I must be a bad AP'er.

Invites are based on the renewal date window for your current pass. I'm using mine for an after hours party on 8/31.

Silly Disney. They tried to entice me to renew my pass by offering me this. Little did they know that I had already booked a trip to be on site that week anyway.

Figments Friend

I am currently at Disneyland, and might have a bit of news.

The Park closed at 7:30 tonight, and around 9:30ish ( Pacific Time ) i think i have just witnessed a preview of the new 60th Fireworks presentation.
I'm already back here at my hotel on Katella, so heard the noise and looked off of my balcony and saw some AMAZING pyro.
I am familiar with the shells used in the recent shows, and i have to say i noticed things i had not noticed before.
I was kind of hoping something like this might happen while i was out here, considering the early closures two days this week for DL Park.

Now i am not sure if this was a actual testing tonight ( someone will likely chime in to confirm later ) or if this was just a showing for the occasional private event, but this seemed to have some unique shells i have not seen used before.
A few of them were a interesting round shell that created a color revolving effect.
Quite cool ..and a nice surprise tonight!

Last edited:

TP2000

Uh, gang, I think I just watched the first rehearsal or full scale test for Disneyland Forever. :cool:

Disneyland closed today at 7:30PM, the first in a series of weird early closings through late May. Tonight at 9:35, while I was in my den working on some things, I heard the unmistakable rumble of fireworks. I went out on the deck, and sure enough, Disneyland's fireworks were going off. I live on a hill in Villa Park, due east of Disneyland about 8 miles as the crow flies.

Except this wasn't the usual Fantasy In The Sky they'd been playing since January. And this didn't look like Remember or any of the other recent fireworks shows either. When you see Disneyland's fireworks shows almost nightly out of several rooms in your hillside home, you get to know one show from another just by sight.

This was apparently the first full rehearsal of Forever.

The show ran exactly 16 minutes long, and it seems to use a lot of different and new shells, with new color combinations. The show seems to favor really big, round shells shot at medium height. There were a few conical or angled shape shells, but mostly rounded ones. There were also shells and fan effects firing from the smaller launch sites just behind Toontown, and the middle part of the show used the Castle rooftop launch system quite liberally. The finale used all the launch sites combined, with a really big and very tall cluster of massive round shells shot high in the sky. It looked like a version of the July 4th finale, except with white and blue colors mostly.

I'm sure the folks driving on the Santa Ana Freeway were as surprised as I was.

There's 15 more of these 7:30PM closures over the next three weeks, so I'm sure there will be more testing and rehearsals. It should be interesting to watch how the show might develop or change before May 22nd.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

You beat me by 7 minutes! You win the Internet for tonight. :D

Wow..first time ever for me!
:D

So is this what i was looking at then...a preview of the new Show?
There were some really beautiful shells being shot off....stuff i have never seen before.
Looked really great from a short distance, can only imagine what it will look like in the actual Park.

Figments Friend

Uh, gang, I think I just watched the first rehearsal or full scale test for Disneyland Forever. :cool:

Disneyland closed today at 7:30PM, the first in a series of weird early closings through late May. Tonight, while I was in my den working on some things, I heard the unmistakable rumble of fireworks. I went out on the deck, and sure enough, Disneyland's fireworks were going off. I live on a hill in Villa Park, due east of Disneyland about 8 miles as the crow flies.

Except this wasn't the usual Fantasy In The Sky they'd been playing since January. And this didn't look like Remember or any of the other recent fireworks shows either. When you see Disneyland's fireworks shows almost nightly out of several rooms in your hillside home, you get to know one show from another just by sight.

This was apparently the first full rehearsal of Forever.

The show ran exactly 16 minutes long, and it seems to use a lot of different and new shells, with new color combinations. The show seems to favor really big, round shells shot at medium height. There were a few conical or angled shape shells, but mostly rounded ones. There were also shells and fan effects firing from the smaller launch sites just behind Toontown, and the middle part of the show used the Castle rooftop launch system quite liberally. The finale used all the launch sites combined, with a really big and very tall cluster of massive round shells shot high in the sky. It looked like a version of the July 4th finale, except with white and blue colors mostly.

I'm sure the folks driving on the Santa Ana Freeway were as surprised as I was.

There's 15 more of these 7:30PM closures over the next three weeks, so I'm sure there will be more testing and rehearsals. It should be interesting to watch how the show might develop or change before May 22nd.

You described it better then me, TP.
Lots of large round shells.
The color shifting ones are stunning. Unique...never seen those in any pyro show anywhere.

TP2000

So is this what i was looking at then...a preview of the new Show?
There were some really beautiful shells being shot off....stuff i have never seen before.
Looked really great from a short distance, can only imagine what it will look like in the actual Park.

Yup, most definitely it was.

This wasn't a show I'd ever seen them do before, and the timing and pacing was all new. And there were quite a few new shells that I hadn't seen used before, along with some classic pyro effects and shells from some of their biggest shows of the last 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom